UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot at stake. Losing is a 2 year ban AND lots of other issues. Settling in a managed way at 1 year for a ban in a Covid CL feels a commercial decision UNLESS we are super confident of our appeal being fully upheld.
It does seem strange to me on the face of it given that the advice in such cases is never that you're certain to win, no matter how strong the position may seem. And the effect of Covid would seem to make a one-year ban less unpalatable now than when the AC handed down its decision nearly four months ago.

You don't think the lack of a settlement is more likely to be down to UEFA? In other words, being under pressure from influential stakeholders to come down hard on City, they prefer the CAS to be responsible for a more lenient outcome, even to the extent of a one-year ban, which allows them not to be accused of 'caving in'.

Maybe just me, but nothing better than foreigners (particularly players) using Manchester (meaning us) these days. Confirmation of the club's status.

I must only ever hear it being used by those who are so desperate to attribute it to United - usually Bavarians.

We have done such a good job on and off the pitch when it comes to people knowing City as a global brand.

Surely not?

So if your mate in M14 said "Did you watch Match of the Day" you'd reply with "I watched the Man City game then turned it over"?

I've literally never heard anyone from inside the M60 say "Man City" in that context, always just "I watched the City game".

Of course it would be City in that context. I was responding to the post in terms of anyone who asked me who I supported?

I very rarely hear anyone from Manchester use the prefix for us.

Unless they are the type of person who brings their own toilet roll to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.