UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love graham soueness un biased view on our rightfully hounding by the media and UEFA. Called it for what it is.
Completely agree, always appreciated Souness. Kerr is spot on as well. Money is more important than ever, and if you want to break into the champions league you need heavy financial backing to do it. Gone are the days when you can slowly build up your club with astute signings and good decision making. It's all about the money now, and who can pay the most. Everyone else is jealous of us because at the moment we win against everyone else on that front.

It’s frustrating, but ultimately their shit ownership structure suits me fine and long may it continue

Yes I get that , but the blatantly flawed FFP system which is protecting the G14 cabal is what is helping to fuck us up.

The rags are really of little interest to me other than being one of the cnuts along with the dippers and all the other bastards who are protected by the corrupt system and have the intention of making it difficult for us to operate on equal terms.

If you're a journalist theres not a whole lot of reasons to believe City's side.

Remember the club was very brash about passing FFP back in 2014 and ended up failing by a mile.

They refuse to speak to the media about anything ongoing, whereas UEFA do, and most of them arent keen on our owners anyway.

I dont think its unreasonable for most journalists to take UEFA's story as fact until its disproven at CAS although some of them definitely got carried away and have dug themselves a hole that will be hard to get out of if things go our way.
I am all in favour of facts but all journalists should be sceptical of anything they are told (and that includes by City). I think it is ridiculous for any journalist to take UEFA's story as fact, particularly considering the organisation's track record of corruption. A credible journalist would investigate both sides of any story and try and present a fair, balanced, and accurate version of events.
For example if someone from UEFA's Investigations Committee phones up to leak evidence from an investigation the first question a credible journalist should ask is: "Why is he giving me this information?" What he shouldn't do is present the information as "fact."

I think we're being far too sympathetic to FFP even as it exists now. Has Sheikh Mansour shown the slightest sign of wanting to "walk away" in the last twelve years? Has anyone claimed that City's financial stability is actually in any kind of danger? Are we in the same rude good health as Manchester United or Chelsea when our liabilities and assets are taken into account?

I would also add that the whole point of this case is to show that FFP made it impossible for any club to crash through the ceiling imposed by UEFA and its magic circle clubs! UEFA's message is surely that in their eyes even an owner like Sheikh Mansour had to inflate deals and break the rules to manage it. And they'll have two goes at him for it if they can get away with it.

Let's turn our attention to the good clubs, those who've shown us that FFP works. Better forget Leicester for a start - they broke FL FFP to pieces to get into the PL. So, Southampton, Brighton and Watford for a start. Invested in infrastructure as FFP allows. Unfortunately long before FFP, so its their owners who take the credit there. Spent within their means. Yes. But again long before FFP demanded it. Southampton picked clean by ... who is it again. And what do they have in common? Well look at the PL table? Which end do they inhabit most of the time? But there are other good clubs. There's MU, always break even. Chelsea. Miraculously began to break even when FFP came into effect. Spurs. Great example of investing in infrastructure and being prudent on transfers and wages. The problem? They've all risen to their present status as a result of spending way beyond their means, before UEFA gave a tinker's cuss - and now their "finacial stability" looks as wobbly as possible because they're massively in debt. Thank God UEFA insists on a time limit for them to pay off their debts - just as "new" owners have a time limit to meet the break even rule after acually being allowed to invest.

So, well said that man who argued that FFP makes it more difficult for clubs. Some clubs are stable without any aid from FFP, some are stable DESPITE FFP and some are UNSTABLE because FFP thinks its better for them. "We luuurv debt."
Completely agree with this. All the clubs you mentioned have had financial backing that would probably fail FFP. I'm sure Burnley and Sheffield Utd should also be added to that list. All dodgy in my view. Burnley are two faced as well wanting us punished when they probably are hiding their FFP infringements.

If you're a journalist theres not a whole lot of reasons to believe City's side.

Remember the club was very brash about passing FFP back in 2014 and ended up failing by a mile.

They refuse to speak to the media about anything ongoing, whereas UEFA do, and most of them arent keen on our owners anyway.

I dont think its unreasonable for most journalists to take UEFA's story as fact until its disproven at CAS although some of them definitely got carried away and have dug themselves a hole that will be hard to get out of if things go our way.

City do not comment for obvious legal reason plus the information discussed on here about accounting standards related party changing rules on allowable losses would put non city fans to sleep and confuse most people at least on first glance also we have to carry on working with UEFA publicly shaming them would do us no good journalist should be able to work this out and put some of the less boring stuff at least tho ideal all of it in the public domain if its on blue moon and ordinary people on here have found it out and then understood it after its been posted then professionals should be able to find out the information and pass it on to the public in a proper way

Completely agree, always appreciated Souness. Kerr is spot on as well. Money is more important than ever, and if you want to break into the champions league you need heavy financial backing to do it. Gone are the days when you can slowly build up your club with astute signings and good decision making. It's all about the money now, and who can pay the most. Everyone else is jealous of us because at the moment we win against everyone else on that front.
Ever since Souness married a city supporter he had very careful what he says about us!

City do not comment for obvious legal reason plus the information discussed on here about accounting standards related party changing rules on allowable losses would put non city fans to sleep and confuse most people at least on first glance also we have to carry on working with UEFA publicly shaming them would do us no good journalist should be able to work this out and put some of the less boring stuff at least tho ideal all of it in the public domain if its on blue moon and ordinary people on here have found it out and then understood it after its been posted then professionals should be able to find out the information and pass it on to the public in a proper way
I too have always thought full stops were overrated.

Ever since Souness married a city supporter he had very careful what he says about us!

True , but I don't think this is the sole reason, as I find his thinking sound and fair .

Despite his past association with the dippers, he is a breath of fresh air compared to the usual former player gobshites and hangers on.

True , but I don't think this is the sole reason, as I find his thinking sound and fair .

Despite his past association with the dippers, he is a breath of fresh air compared to the usual former player gobshites and hangers on.
Maybe not, but I don’t think Paul Pogba and Man United in general will agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.