Redundancies

ob

Anyone else under the threat of being made redundant due to current climate and Covid.

I work for Historic Royal Palaces a self funding charity which looks after 6 sites, Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House in Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

Announced this week that we have £94m revenue shortfall (85% of income) and asked for people to apply for voluntary redundancy They need to cut 20-25 per cent off the wage bill which is roughly 50% of the costs. If they don't get enough to apply then compulsory redundancies will be announced in July. Roughly 1,000 staff involved

I have been on furlough for 7 weeks after initially working from home for a few weeks and potentially some staff could be on furlough until October. Any staff not made redundant will have 20 per cent paycut and if/when called back into work will be working reduced hours

Anyone else under the threat of being made redundant due to current climate and Covid.

I work for Historic Royal Palaces a self funding charity which looks after 6 sites, Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House in Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

Announced this week that we have £94m revenue shortfall (85% of income) and asked for people to apply for voluntary redundancy They need to cut 20-25 per cent off the wage bill which is roughly 50% of the costs. If they don't get enough to apply then compulsory redundancies will be announced in July. Roughly 1,000 staff involved

I have been on furlough for 7 weeks after initially working from home for a few weeks and potentially some staff could be on furlough until October. Any staff not made redundant will have 20 per cent paycut and if/when called back into work will be working reduced hours

My firm have committed to no redundancies this year. While that is good it almost guarantees there will be some next year.

If they used the government scheme and didn't top up your wages surely the revenue shortfall would be offset by a huge wage decrease?

(Still haven't forgotten what you did for my Cousin, he still goes on about it!)

We’ve had a letter this week that there will be some.

I’m in the 28% still working and my boss said to take that with confidence.

Got a few mates on furlough though and I’m concerned for them.

I reckon there will be a lot unfortunately, the economy is wankered.

We’ve had a letter this week that there will be some.

I’m in the 28% still working and my boss said to take that with confidence.

Got a few mates on furlough though and I’m concerned for them.

I reckon there will be a lot unfortunately, the economy is wankered.

I was tempted to take the voluntary as been there 12 years but there's a chance my other half might be made redundant. Spoke with head our our department and he is hopeful I will be ok as we have cut staff from 8 to 6 start of the year when 2 left which were not replaced, we also had 2 contractors which have both finished now as well

If they used the government scheme and didn't top up your wages surely the revenue shortfall would be offset by a huge wage decrease?

(Still haven't forgotten what you did for my Cousin, he still goes on about it!)

LOL re cousin

They have been making up the extra missing from government scheme but stopping that from end of July

I was tempted to take the voluntary as been there 12 years but there's a chance my other half might be made redundant. Spoke with head our our department and he is hopeful I will be ok as we have cut staff from 8 to 6 start of the year when 2 left which were not replaced, we also had 2 contractors which have both finished now as well
Best of luck

Reactions: ob
I'm looking over my shoulder a bit as i'm only employed as a contractor despite being at the same place for 3 years. Since 2017 we have gone from 4 people to 2, and recently only went to 2 as somebody left for maternity. I suppose it's always been the case that this role could end at any time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.