Redundancies

Anyone else under the threat of being made redundant due to current climate and Covid.

I work for Historic Royal Palaces a self funding charity which looks after 6 sites, Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House in Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

Announced this week that we have £94m revenue shortfall (85% of income) and asked for people to apply for voluntary redundancy They need to cut 20-25 per cent off the wage bill which is roughly 50% of the costs. If they don't get enough to apply then compulsory redundancies will be announced in July. Roughly 1,000 staff involved

I have been on furlough for 7 weeks after initially working from home for a few weeks and potentially some staff could be on furlough until October. Any staff not made redundant will have 20 per cent paycut and if/when called back into work will be working reduced hours
We make the cards for you guys, plus most of the hotel chains in the U.K.(key cards) were definitely making some but fortunately I’m not going to be one of them, shit got the ones that are though. Fucking nightmare.

Reactions: ob
Anyone else under the threat of being made redundant due to current climate and Covid.

I work for Historic Royal Palaces a self funding charity which looks after 6 sites, Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington palace, Kew Palace, Banqueting House in Whitehall and Hillsborough Castle in Northern Ireland.

Announced this week that we have £94m revenue shortfall (85% of income) and asked for people to apply for voluntary redundancy They need to cut 20-25 per cent off the wage bill which is roughly 50% of the costs. If they don't get enough to apply then compulsory redundancies will be announced in July. Roughly 1,000 staff involved

I have been on furlough for 7 weeks after initially working from home for a few weeks and potentially some staff could be on furlough until October. Any staff not made redundant will have 20 per cent paycut and if/when called back into work will be working reduced hours
Heard this from a mate who works at ToL today. Grim times.

Been on furlough since 24th march & no signs of returning, I work in car parts manufacturing with Nissan & jlr our biggest two customers & both have made big cuts so I’m expecting the knock on effect at ours

Some of my clients are already going through the process of who stays and who goes once furlough ends. A rude awakening is going to hit a lot of people soon I fear.

I was made redundant on March 31st so not strictly Covid related but the company I worked for (A German company who are a household name) were letting over 50 go across Europe due to the challenging market ... I was going to hang my boots up anyway, it was just a pisser that they only offered the statutory amount...

I think I’m ok for now. I’ve worked throughout lockdown, but I am concerned for a lot of my mates

they mainly work in bars and restaurants. And I think they could be in trouble soon

I was tempted to take the voluntary as been there 12 years but there's a chance my other half might be made redundant. Spoke with head our our department and he is hopeful I will be ok as we have cut staff from 8 to 6 start of the year when 2 left which were not replaced, we also had 2 contractors which have both finished now as well

In these times, I wouldn’t volunteer for redundancy unless you are sure of getting another job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.