COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
"China had ten times more flu cases than normal in December"

Hmmmmm. I wonder if what that actually means is that they did actually have ten times more flu cases than normal? Just a thought.

Come on mate that's like saying maybe we did just have an extra 55k deaths than usual. Not sure what your original view was on this but try and remain open minded. It's obvious from the evidence coming in the virus was around a lot earlier than first thought which is good news as it means a lot more will have had it and it's even less deadly.

Anyone else got the COVID-19 Exposure Logging in their iPhone? My brother sent me a screenshot of his phone and lo and behold it’s in mine too (settings >privacy>health).
Added on a recent update I guess...

Yes and despite what conspiracy theorists are saying it wasn't what caused 'everyones phones to start playing up' last weekend. Just a normal software update with an optional new feature.

Come on mate that's like saying maybe we did just have an extra 55k deaths than usual. Not sure what your original view was on this but try and remain open minded. It's obvious from the evidence coming in the virus was around a lot earlier than first thought which is good news as it means a lot more will have had it and it's even less deadly.

How do you explain the lack of patients in ICU or needing ventilators in Dec/Jan/Feb?

My doctor mate here in Valencia said his first experience of it was a 76yo man that had travelled from Madrid a few weeks earlier. He initially went in with chest pains but it was two days later that they put him on the ventilator and he died a few days after that. They only realised he was covid positive a day or two before he died and that was the first that hospital knew about it. All doctors/nurses/cleaners/porters etc had been in and around him for days treating him as a normal patient without ppe etc. This was around the last week of February.

If this had been going around in December we would have known about it and hospitals would have known about it.

How do you explain the lack of patients in ICU or needing ventilators in Dec/Jan/Feb?

My doctor mate here in Valencia said his first experience of it was a 76yo man that had travelled from Madrid a few weeks earlier. He initially went in with chest pains but it was two days later that they put him on the ventilator and he died a few days after that. They only realised he was covid positive a day or two before he died and that was the first that hospital knew about it. All doctors/nurses/cleaners/porters etc had been in and around him for days treating him as a normal patient without ppe etc. This was around the last week of February.

If this had been going around in December we would have known about it and hospitals would have known about it.

I can't explain it, but you have to admit that 10 times the usual amount of people going to hospital with symptoms of the virus just before they discover it sounds like it is probably that. Maybe at first it wasn't as strong? Maybe due to his it is mainly spread it started in young people? Who knows but ll the signs point to it being around a lot earlier than we thought.

In terms of the percentage of Covid-19 deaths, we're still better than any country in Western Europe who had major outbreaks but it has to be down to poor practice.
The CV19 risk was simply not assessed despite that same risk being too high to keep hotels open.
Even when Italy and Spain had care home carnage nothing was done to prevent a repetition in UK. Was this a deliberate sin of omission or simply a gamble by an incompetent uncaring Government.?

Anyone else got the COVID-19 Exposure Logging in their iPhone? My brother sent me a screenshot of his phone and lo and behold it’s in mine too (settings >privacy>health).
Added on a recent update I guess...
Fuck me, that’s mad. Talk about stealth, lol. I don’t mind though, I’m happy to share my data, I don’t give a fuck who knows what about me, nothing to hide.

Fuck me, that’s mad. Talk about stealth, lol. I don’t mind though, I’m happy to share my data, I don’t give a fuck who knows what about me, nothing to hide.
Same with Android phones in the Google app.
Doesn’t do anything unless you download the govt’s non existent app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.