Joe Hart

Very sad, when he broke into the England team after only a few games there was talk of him eventually being England's record games player as he was so young and a keeper.

I wonder if there's more to why Hughes elected so hard to have Given in goal over Hart?

I can't understand the criticism and apparent gloating by some here at the demise of Joe Hart and it makes me a little ashamed to be a Blue. What did he do to us to deserve such treatment?

There was a time he was the top keeper in the UK at least and arguably in the top three in the world. I remember him single handedly keeping us in games, including crucial saves in our 2012 and 2014 title winning campaigns, without which we wouldn't have won the title. His form did start to waver towards the end of his time here and for England and since he left us it hasn't really recovered. Who knows why?

Since he left he has had nothing but praise for us and has never bad mouthed us. He will go down in history as part of the group of players who after thirty five barren years got us winning trophies again and helped tear down that hated banner at the swamp. A little bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

I genuinely cannot fathom why any Blue wouldn't have the utmost respect for Hart. Whether he was a truly world class keeper seems to have dominated the narrative as to his legacy when, in reality, it's sort of besides the point. Hart was instrumental in our success and represented our club brilliantly. It's sad to have seen how things have gone for him but that doesn't take away from how much of a legend he is for this football club. I can't wrap my head around it.

legend and part of the old and new rebuild of manchester city and demand respect

sadly joe's game is not what pep and city wanted and pep did the right thing and wanted a player keeper and it was hard to see joe leave. i think he lost his way and let the nightlife and lifestyle take over his football ambitions after winning the 2nd league title under pellegrini

still young enough at 33 to bring his game back to the standards of a top keeper if he wants it badly enough. maybe will have to drop down a league or go to scotland or europe. but it must be his last chance to make a come back or will be left in the cold sadly

I genuinely cannot fathom why any Blue wouldn't have the utmost respect for Hart. Whether he was a truly world class keeper seems to have dominated the narrative as to his legacy when, in reality, it's sort of besides the point. Hart was instrumental in our success and represented our club brilliantly. It's sad to have seen how things have gone for him but that doesn't take away from how much of a legend he is for this football club. I can't wrap my head around it.

Me neither it's baffling. I can understand people may have differing views on his merits as a keeper but to take some form of malevolent delight at his downfall is very odd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.