COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.
We could all see Italy burning in early March.
We had all the hindsight we needed then.
I didn't think that the UK should have locked down earlier because to be frank quite a few countries including Spain where I live were also prevaricating.

The problem was when lockdown was introduced in the UK it was half arsed.

For the record, it was Cummings who wanted lockdown a week earlier.

I do wonder here if some selective rewriting of history has gone on here as he was widely reported as being the one Boris was talking about when he said “some say we should take it on the chin”

And Cummings has form for trying to re write history.

In the Netherlands, Prime Minister Rutte has announced a raft of new changes but insists that people must use use discipline to maintain the 1.5 metre social distancing rule. Oh, and sex workers can reopen for business on July 1st...
Can you do that 1.5m apart?

20-20 heigdsteight from Ferguson.
There were only a few on here who said we should have locked down earlier. @Chippy_boy for one

Maybe in your circles most people were not talking lockdown a week earlier but lots on here and certainly other forums I go to we’re frankly aghast we were not locked down a week if not 2 before we were.

I’d say it was a month before that the WHO were pointing at China and other Asian counties and there lockdown + testing systems were the way to go.

So because Spain prevaricated that excuses us prevaricating?
No not really. What I was trying to say is that even if you are late to lockdown you can still minimize the damage, which up to this point is what Spain did. For 7 weeks essentially everybody in the country remained in doors.
During that time I reckon I was out the house on average 1 hour per week to buy food.

Gotta hope being outside really does negate this virus a lot.

Bournemouth beech today.
_113088145_mediaitem113088143.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.