Match Thread | Chelsea vs Man City (25/06/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri ineffectual. Mendy not a defender, not good enough. Sterling not a central striker. We look like conceding every time they come forward. Aguero may struggle to recover from an op at 32, so this season we could lose him, D. Silva and Sane. Consider that drop in quality and options for a minute. B. Silva’s form has fell off a cliff. We have one quality CB. No LB and one ageing RB. I pray to god we win with CAS cos we need a rebuild.

Sterling hasn't been playing central striker, are you watching the game?

He’s been utter turd for us.

Occasionally he plays well and I think yeah he’s coming on finally and bang, another clanger
He’s definitely the go to player to slag off tonight. Fill your boots.

Weirdly I think we've played well. But the lack of a real forward has harmed us.

Of course, as is the case, we've been punished for our 1 error as always.

If we hadn’t conceded a horrendous goal most would be saying we’ve played ok, with 3 or 4 really nice moves, the better team and things would have been pretty chilled.

People are venting because this has been the story for our season, playing well but then shooting ourselves in the foot.

Hopefully we come out with a point to prove second half, don’t think Pep will risk Jesus as he will prioritise the FA cup.

Monumental cock up for the goal by both mendy and gundogan. Gundogan should have made himself available for the pass but as soon as he didn’t he should have taken control and played it back to the keeper he gave mendy with no option. After that, mendy shouldn’t be diving in like that there’s no need to write players off for that mistake, it happens. Mendy has been more of a threat going forward than sterling and in truth everyone mahrez, he put in two superb balls that should have been finished off.

The system is all wrong, midfield haven’t done anything. I forgot sterling was on the pitch he’s done literally nothing, Bernardo seems like he’s confused himself on where to be, too many players looking to do similar things and we have no threat. Mahrez is the only one who looks a threat when he’s on the ball. Stick sterling upfront get Sane on for Rodri/gundogan and drop bernardo back in to midfield

I don't know what game some people are watching who think we played crap, certainly the better team so far. When your last man gives the ball away on the half way line, there's no blaming the manager for that. We had the ball, make a decision and stick with it Mendy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.