Match Thread | Chelsea vs Man City (25/06/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monumental cock up for the goal by both mendy and gundogan. Gundogan should have made himself available for the pass but as soon as he didn’t he should have taken control and played it back to the keeper he gave mendy with no option. After that, mendy shouldn’t be diving in like that there’s no need to write players off for that mistake, it happens. Mendy has been more of a threat going forward than sterling and in truth everyone mahrez, he put in two superb balls that should have been finished off.

The system is all wrong, midfield haven’t done anything. I forgot sterling was on the pitch he’s done literally nothing, Bernardo seems like he’s confused himself on where to be, too many players looking to do similar things and we have no threat. Mahrez is the only one who looks a threat when he’s on the ball. Stick sterling upfront get Sane on for Rodri/gundogan and drop bernardo back in to midfield

Fella that was ALL on Mendy.

Fucking hell.

Sterling hasn't been playing central striker, are you watching the game?
Yes mate. Mahrez has barely moved from right and KDB keeps drifting wide left. Sterling barely got on ball because more often than not he’s central.

I wouldn’t expect that kind of error after a year off, never mind 3 months. And let’s not pretend he made one error there, he follows it up by dangling a leg in and completely selling himself. He should have been staying with Pulisic, allowing support to get back. Yet he gift wraps a clear run at goal. People need to stop finding excuses for him. After several years, there no longer are any.
Several years? 3 years, one of which he missed the whole of with an ACL.

He's had 2 seasons, last season interrupted by injury and this season interrupted by the pandemic. I'd say they're pretty good excuses.

Rodri ineffectual. Mendy not a defender, not good enough. Sterling not a central striker. We look like conceding every time they come forward. Aguero may struggle to recover from an op at 32, so this season we could lose him, D. Silva and Sane. Consider that drop in quality and options for a minute. B. Silva’s form has fell off a cliff. We have one quality CB. No LB and one ageing RB. I pray to god we win with CAS cos we need a rebuild.
Step away from sharp objects

Absolutely, I couldn’t be understand what Gundo was saying and totally distracted Mendy.
Bollocks. Watch it again, as soon as the ball is cleared, gundogan is pointing to where he wants Mendy to go. He is clearly telling him to go wide Left where there is acres of space. Mendy is the one who gets on top of gundogan and fucks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.