Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run two businesses , but wouldn’t think that qualifies me to tell ADUG, and Khaldoun how to run a football business with 500 million turnover.

Read the book Billion Dollar Whale. I came out of that realising Khaldoon isn’t the smooth operator I assumed, he just has more than enough cash to not worry about missteps.Actually stunned about how he’s surrounded himself with some terrible businessmen, but that’s a tangent from this chat.

I'm just quoting what the other poster said, and I thought it was more than that too, but as I said above the rumour was "double" and it still wasn't £100k, either way by not signing, its his loss certainly not ours.

I'd have preferred him to stay, but bayern is a big draw for a german player, so its understandable, but on that silly rumoured money he was never getting that here.

I'm not interested in any player who doesn't want to be here, and he'd made that pretty clear by not signing a new contract. I love the idea of Braaf training with the first team - we'll see if he can impress Pep.

If we do get a CL ban, I almost feel like we don't even need to replace him for a year. If we don't, then I hope we do go and sign another winger.

Buy out clauses are all well and good but unfortunately they are not allowed in the English leagues I think.

?? your 100% on that ? don't think it is. clubs have to protect themselves on any player moving on the cheap because a buying club will know they could just buy out the contract

Good to hear this sad story comes to an end.
We take the money and invest in players who want to be here.

Bayern had to reinvest the reduced fee (ACL, Covid, 1 year left) in higher wages,
but they will have certainly more marketing revenues with Leroy than us,
so high wages look weird but make sense after market logics.

10% sell-on fee too - if he ever moves on.

true but sane was always getting the treatment on the touchlines by pep and did miss a lot of games. and your right nobody knows the full story behind what happened but sane and pep had issues
And so did Lowe. Great player poor attitude.

Pants pulled down again, we'll never sell anyone for a good fee, always get fucked over. Looks like we're desperate for the cash.
Gen question. What do you get from supporting City as all we read from you is despair and unhappiness. Surely, you could find peace supporting someone else or even a different sport. Why subject yourself to this as clearly the club appear to be doing everything wrong.

The bi product is that we all have to suffer reading your woes

The other factor to consider was the likelihood he will have another ACL and miss another season.

The premier league is very physical especially for players of his speed and another late tackle might end his career despite the advancements in longer term recovery and stability than in by gone eras.

Despite his age and the fact he is a talent he would prefer to return to his country of birth.

It's a no brainer to let him go now and even if he was fit the whole of this season we still wouldn't have won the premier league this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.