Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplayable on his day but definitely inconsistent and prone to bouts of sulking and mardiness.
Like many others here I am sorry to see him go but nobody is irreplaceable. The team is paramount and having him moping around on the bench on and off would have been bad for the dressing room.
Absolutely correct to let him go now and the money is reasonable given the circumstances.
Let’s not forget he still has to prove his recovery from a season ending injury and he may have well lost a yard or a fraction of agility. On the one hand I sincerely hope this is not the case (for him personally and for the sake of seeing a great player again) but I must confess nothing would give me more pleasure than for Bayern to never have the player he has been for us given the way they have conducted themselves....

I wonder what we do regarding Jayden Braaf to make sure we avoid the same fate we had with Sancho. Probably nothing...

Surely in last few rounds of PL there must be younger ones to be tried at least.

Selling Sancho for £8m, not replacing Kompany, spending over £100m on Cancelo and Rodri, selling Sane for £45m, has anyone thought to question Txiki Begiristain’s position?
Signing Fernandinho, Otamendi, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sané, Bernardo, Ederson, Walker, Gundogan, Mahrez, Jesus, Laporte plus probably others; selling Diaz for 20m with 6 months on his contract, Iheanacho for 25m, raked in excellent money for youth players; Pellegrini, Pep.

He's got enough ok to let things slide.

“in the circumstances” being the key bit there.

If Sancho goes for 75 mil plus, we need to coldly assess our football operations people because we have watched money go in the bin here.

But you’re not comparing like for like, Sane hadn’t had a great season by his standards, and then the injury occurred.

Sancho is significantly younger, had two excellent seasons and most importantly more than one club will be interested in him and there’s no suggestion he wouldn’t consider all the top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.