Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad as I had hoped Sane, Sterling and Gabby would have become a legendary trio for us.
Good to finally see the end of this saga though.
I hope Pep writes his memoirs in a decade or so - it will be fascinating reading seeing what he really thinks of players like Sane, Ibrahimovic etc.

I don't think we'll actually replace him, who knows how much money we have to spend this summer. Covid will have hit us hard as will the UEFA court case, Leroy might not be the only one going this summer for cash. Can see us losing Otamendi, Cancelo and possibly Stones and Zinch.

£60 Million for any player that has played just 20 minutes football in 11 months is a good deal for City. He could break down in his first game for Bayern. Get the cheque in in the bank straight away!

I think Foden is a better player than Havertz. And Havertz definitely isn't a winger.

Havertz can play out wide, same way Foden and Bernardo can. He's not an out and out winger, but I assume if we go for Havertz he would play there, at striker and 8 as well.

So sorry to see him go. Great talent and on his day absolute world class.
Decent fee in the circumstances and just glad he didn't follow the Milner scenario.
Wish him all the best and we move on.

I don't think we'll actually replace him, who knows how much money we have to spend this summer. Covid will have hit us hard as will the UEFA court case, Leroy might not be the only one going this summer for cash. Can see us losing Otamendi, Cancelo and possibly Stones and Zinch.
Hope you are right

The replacement needs to be someone that has either electric pace or the ability to beat multiple people inside and outside.

Not saying these players are the ones but the style of a Sancho, Zaha, Adama Traore.

It has to be a game changer.

Hit and miss if I’m honest, pep didn’t fancy him before injury, my only regret is that charity shield game, if we bought sancho for 75 mill I’d consider all of it good business
Good business to let Sancho leave then buy back at over the odds - errr Utd and Pogbrush spring to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.