Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

They need to revert back to two divisions,a North and a South league.The travel costs will come down and plenty of local derbies.I see more and more FL Clubs going the same way unless an immediate re-vamp comes into place.

I like this, from League 1 down, with national play-offs.

And I will depsair about those other 29 and be sad for them.

Not so much when it cimes to Wigan and it has fuck all to do with the cup final btw my dislike if them is a lot older.

Sad for any club to go into administration but my sympathy is lacking in this instance

Looking at responses from Bolton and Bury fans not much sympathy either after wigan fans mocked and took the piss out if them when in their troubles

As I said this isn't about rivalries. If you're not arsed about a team potentially folding just because you're not fond of them then that's embarrassing.

As I said this isn't about rivalries. If you're not arsed about a team potentially folding just because you're not fond of them then that's embarrassing.

To you maybe, I don't feel embarrassed at all to say I have little sympathy with them.

And I said not good to see any club fold, doesn't mean you have to have empathy for them.

Businesses going out of business is organic, football should be no different. Wigan wont be the first up against the wall and it wont be the last.

A broken leg wont save 'em.

To you maybe, I don't feel embarrassed at all to say I have little e between your ordinary sympathy with them.

And I said not good to see any club fold, doesn't mean you have to have empathy for them.
Fully agree with Jay. You might have thought with 65000 dead in the pandemic we might have a bit more empathy towards each other.
There is no difference between the ordinary Wigan and City fan (except we are watching better football).
Yes there needs to be reform of the football league but clubs going bust or disappearing is not good for their towns, communities, staff or fans

They need to revert back to two divisions,a North and a South league.The travel costs will come down and plenty of local derbies.I see more and more FL Clubs going the same way unless an immediate re-vamp comes into place.
I have thought this for many years. The costs travelling for lower league clubs could be vastly reduced by playing in regional leagues and thus allowing the clubs to be more solvent.

The combined effects of Covid19 and Brexit will cost an awful lot of jobs over the next 12-18 months. Lower league football has been teetering on the edge for years. These clubs are (mostly) the equivalent of the dirty, backstreet pubs that used to sell bad beer, pork pies that were turning green and nowt much else, and are now brick strewn crofts or mini-markets. Sad but inevitable.

Football needs to restructure. I'll be amazed if 92 full time professional clubs survive. Most youngsters now support either a "big name" Premier League Club or even the likes of Barcelona. The days of getting your penny tram ticket to stand in a leaky shed and watch indifferent football for 90 minutes are largely over - because it's no longer your only option if you want to watch a half decent game.

Of course, many will see this as a "Bad Thing". And it is. But just as I regret the loss of many grotty pubs in Ancoats, where I spent many happy hours, I accept that times change and the world moves on.

(BTW I am not convinced that all Premier League clubs are safe.)

Fully agree with Jay. You might have thought with 65000 dead in the pandemic we might have a bit more empathy towards each other.
There is no difference between the ordinary Wigan and City fan (except we are watching better football).
Yes there needs to be reform of the football league but clubs going bust or disappearing is not good for their towns, communities, staff or fans

You seem to not be able to seperate the two things I said.

As I said It isn't good to see any club have this happen and the effects of clubs going bust or disappearing is not good for their towns, communities, staff.

My sympathies for the wigan fans though is limited.

I can both be unhappy it has happened as I don't want to see any local club go under and also not really care about their fans sadness.

The wigan fans reaction to bolton, bury and oldhams plights recently show they were quite happy to laugh at everyone elses missfortune.

So does this mean they will be deducted 12 points next season ( as per Bolton Wanderers)? Its tough (but not impossible) for a club to make up those 12 points and get out of the relegation zone.
Yep, just been announced by sly sports, that’s really going to help them isn’t it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.