UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right but I just can't see that the PL would want this battle now. Imagine, City get a points deduction for breaching FFP eight years ago while LFC get off scot free for the criminal hacking of a rival's computer systems. Why would Masters open this can of worms just a few months into his job when he is facing the sport's biggest ever financial crisis?
Because United and Liverpool were the only 2 clubs in England that were consulted on the appointment and they could veto candidates.

You may be right but I just can't see that the PL would want this battle now. Imagine, City get a points deduction for breaching FFP eight years ago while LFC get off scot free for the criminal hacking of a rival's computer systems. Why would Masters open this can of worms just a few months into his job when he is facing the sport's biggest ever financial crisis?

Logically, you're absolutely right - timing-wise, it would make very little sense whatsoever.

But logic doesn't come into it when your entire appoitment was predicated on supporting the interests of the two clubs whose agreement was needed before you could even start your job.

This isn't intended as a Sam Lee bashing post, as I don't have a problem with him for the most part - but he is hardly well informed on anything to do with CAS. His opinion isn't worth much more than your average fan in terms of offering genuine insight when it comes to Football finances and politics in the modern game.

Plus he's had some of the most hopelessly partisan, myopically biased commentators on this whole situation in his ear recenty, whose opinions are completely lacking in any sort of objectivity and who operate with a sneering contempt for basic journalistic principles like fact checking or balance.

It's hardly surprising that's the line he's coming out with - he's acknowledged his reporting on this issue has unfortunately highlighted he's out of his depth, so bewilderingly he's gone to the worst possible available resource to provide him with the knowledge he knows he's lacking on his own.

If you actually listened to the podcast it would be impossible to really complain about his coverage on it.

For a start, he didn't talk at all about football finances or politics, and secondly he spent 40 minutes with David Mooney & Jack Pitt-Brooke saying he thought we'd win the league unless the worst case scenario happens off the pitch.

It's just the usual people who have a bizarre obsession with attacking Sam Lee's every word since they found out he's a United fan, going off on another one.

I think what he's saying is that if CAS have a verdict delivered and ready for the 10th and are only delaying it's publication so it doesn't clash with UEFA's CL draw, then it'll find its way out before the 13th.
Lol but this is their battle? UEFA were happy to leak our suspension, over half a year before that verdict was delivered, on the same day we won the domestic treble. Why the fuck would City accommodate this request from UEFA? It boggles my mind how we keep bending over for these ****s, even though we have their card marked! Crazy.

Who leaked the story to the press I wonder... would UEFA leak the story that they have asked for a postponement or was it City?

Edit: Mike Keegan is the journo, is he well connected with City or UEFA anyone know?

he used to work for the manchester evening news, and fabricated stuff that the judge threw out of a court case that myself and two mates were involved in.

Still hasn't apologised.

Lol but this is their battle? UEFA were happy to leak our suspension, over half a year before that verdict was delivered, on the same day we won the domestic treble. Why the fuck would City accommodate this request from UEFA? It boggles my mind how we keep bending over for these ****s, even though we have their card marked! Crazy.

The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Gandhi.

Him going back to Barcelona to manage would be a big surprise, at any time. I don’t think as an individual he would countenance going back anywhere to manage

It’s more about the timing of any move for me, I’m not fussed about where he ends up - but yeah, he does seem to like to move on... but who knows, after his family loss from Covid he
might want to be “back home” again.

As long as he’s seeing his contract out, which everything I’ve read about him suggests he will, he’s a man of his word etc.

If you actually listened to the podcast it would be impossible to really complain about his coverage on it.

For a start, he didn't talk at all about football finances or politics, and secondly he spent 40 minutes with David Mooney & Jack Pitt-Brooke saying he thought we'd win the league unless the worst case scenario happens off the pitch.

It's just the usual people who have a bizarre obsession with attacking Sam Lee's every word since they found out he's a United fan, going off on another one.

I haven’t heard this so can’t comment but do find Sam lee snide however I find Stuart Brennan fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.