UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m taking it as an optimistic sign that VAR is doing over Leicester now giving the rags a helping hand into 4th. If Wolves start getting a couple of decisions against it’ll be definite....,
35131578.jpg

What does this mean in plane english and practical terms ? What actually changed

calling @Prestwich_Blue

PB will explain it in detail, but as a brief outline, we failed FFP, but as it was the first reporting period, if we could prove that contracts signed pre 2010 were the reason for failing, those wages could be deducted from our losses
In the original spreadsheet that we completed and returned to UEFA, after deducting the pre 2010 wages we just about made it, but UEFA sent out a revised spreadsheet where the figures had to be reported slightly differently and after deducting pre 2010 wages we were then a couple of million above allowable losses, which meant all pre 2010 wages were added back, which in turn meant we failed FFP by well over £100M

calling @Prestwich_Blue

PB will explain it in detail, but as a brief outline, we failed FFP, but as it was the first reporting period, if we could prove that contracts signed pre 2010 were the reason for failing, those wages could be deducted from our losses
In the original spreadsheet that we completed and returned to UEFA, after deducting the pre 2010 wages we just about made it, but UEFA sent out a revised spreadsheet where the figures had to be reported slightly differently and after deducting pre 2010 wages we were then a couple of million above allowable losses, which meant all pre 2010 wages were added back, which in turn meant we failed FFP by well over £100M
I get that principle but if the same method of reporting was to be applied to all clubs and not just City then they too should be in the dock with us. Roll out the tumbrils.

calling @Prestwich_Blue

And they changed the rules after City had submitted our report so we had no chance to react. UEFA wanted us to fail and when they realized they could not punish us according to their own rules they quickly and retrospectively changed them. Bunch of wankers if you ask me. Big mistake from City to accept that pinch.

I get that principle but if the same method of reporting was to be applied to all clubs and not just City then they too should be in the dock with us. Roll out the tumbrils.
DD is right that UEFA changed a part of the FFP calculation, so that instead of failing but escaping punishment, we failed and fell outside the allowable margin for avoiding punishment. The other PL clubs all passed FFP, so it didn't affect them.

And they changed the rules after City had submitted our report so we had no chance to react. UEFA wanted us to fail and when they realized they could not punish us according to their own rules they quickly and retrospectively changed them. Bunch of wankers if you ask me. Big mistake from City to accept that pinch.
Yeah should have gone after them in 2014. Absolutely disgusting trick and I was surprised back then we did not fight it. Perhaps we were confident they would not bother us again but here we are...

DD is right that UEFA changed a part of the FFP calculation, so that instead of failing but escaping punishment, we failed and fell outside the allowable margin for avoiding punishment. The other PL clubs all passed FFP, so it didn't affect them.
If we failed and was the only club to fail under these new rules then it doesn't sound too good to me. Maybe we do have something to worry about after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.