COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the way this thread has fallen down the Off Topic list is indicative of how we are treating this...its not going away... there will be many many local lockdowns though success will be measured by how they are respected by those locked down or how they are policed. I fear there will be a need for a second national lockdown ( I fear more Johnson will just blank the need ) and devastating effects on our economy.

It's been on page 1 off the Off Topic forum every day since the pandemic began. It's a tad quieter now perhaps, but its because there's fuck all left to say that hasn't already been said. I suspect 99% of people still have it on their minds though and most browse this, read the info, and have very little else to add. Most discourse around it now is political. And there's a thread for that.

The major problem we will have going forward is the ability to identify flares up in real time. The difference between pillar 1 and 2 testing is significant. Pillar 1 is broadly speaking testing from government labs and pillar 2 is testing from the private labs. In the case of Leicester it looks like they only had access to pillar 1 data and therefore you had the situation that at government level they realized a flare up was occurring but at a local level they were in the dark. The link below is worrying and shows another example of a private contractor running rings around the government.

That's ridiculous, as is the fact that it took 3 weeks for Dorries to provide an answer to a relatively straightforward question.

My Mrs works in a care home and they are now being tested once a fortnight, not before time even though they have been extremely lucky as they have had no cases at all .
The management at the home have been bang on to be fare as they locked down before this government did . Touch wood it carries on like this

A friend’s Dad is in hospital in Bangalore and was due to moved to a care home before their latest lockdown. The Indian hospital won’t release this bloke into a care home during the lockdown, presumably learning from part of the UK experience.

Scotland update. All good.

1 death. 5 new cases. new low. 785 in hospital. only 9 in icu - seven fewer.

They really have this under control now.

Scotland update. All good.

1 death. 5 new cases. new low. 785 in hospital. only 9 in icu - seven fewer.

They really have this under control now.
Possibly under control because they don't have as many idiots as we do in England or because wee Jimmy waits for Boris to make a move, sees how it pans out here and then dependent on how good or bad it is then makes the decision for Scotland. Either way the situation up there albeit with vastly smaller population and density is better than we have it in England. Although I would say that the worry is the deaths in setting outside of hospital. Is it the case that care homes are still struggling or are these people dying anyway and it's easy to blame Covid. Notice that number of deaths is roughly back to normal despite Covid.

They also have a small outbreak on the border in Dumfries & Galloway with 10 cases and 3 high risk work places where it is spreading.

They think it started over the border in Carlisle from a hospital worker travelling there.

It is so easy for good news to become bad news if sense is not displayed.

And the leadership is a big factor in if or how people do that.

Possibly under control because they don't have as many idiots as we do in England or because wee Jimmy waits for Boris to make a move, sees how it pans out here and then dependent on how good or bad it is then makes the decision for Scotland. Either way the situation up there albeit with vastly smaller population and density is better than we have it in England. Although I would say that the worry is the deaths in setting outside of hospital. Is it the case that care homes are still struggling or are these people dying anyway and it's easy to blame Covid. Notice that number of deaths is roughly back to normal despite Covid.
Or just because we stayed in lockdown another 3 weeks and have come out at a more gradual and planned rate with measures in place prior to releasing, rather than come out then decide how to do it on the hoof.

They also have a small outbreak on the border in Dumfries & Galloway with 10 cases and 3 high risk work places where it is spreading.

They think it started over the border in Carlisle from a hospital worker travelling there.

It is so easy for good news to become bad news if sense is not displayed.

And the leadership is a big factor in if or how people do that.
Yes, Dumfies staying in the 5 mile travel limit , until it's controlled.

Or just because we stayed in lockdown another 3 weeks and have come out at a more gradual and planned rate with measures in place prior to releasing, rather than come out then decide how to do it on the hoof.
Which is roughly what I have said...

The use of face coverings is to be made mandatory in shops in Scotland when coroanvirus restrictions are eased.

This will start from 10 July.

The first minister says there will be some exemptions for children under five and for those with certain medical conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.