Phil Foden....no longer just potential

I admit , i was wrong. I thought pep wasnt giving him enough game time. I thought he needed a season on loan.

but pep was right, of course. Training with world class players everyday with odd cameos has meant hes been ‘released’ at thr perfect time , at the right age.

love city me

It’s still too early lads.

One thing needs to be seen.

We need to give him 10 games in a row to see this consistently. If he can show that, he has the world on plate.

Foden is making a real impact on games now and hopefully he can play an integral part in our quest for more trophies this season. As for England, surely Southgate has to pick him in the next squad and play him.
What ahead of Henderson ?

I’m not getting too overexcited just yet because hundreds of really exciting 20 year olds around the world over the decades have looked like “the next big thing”, and ultimately dropped off the face of a cliff.

Sometimes that’s because they couldn’t handle the pressure, didn’t have the desire to kick on, or simply never improved further because that’s as good as they were ever going to be and defenders got used to what they did and sussed it out.

Nicky Butt was captain of that “Class of 92” (bleurgh!) for the Rags and was tipped as the best player and the one to watch for the future. He ended up at Birmingham because he just never kicked in after 21 or so.

But at the moment Phil looks like he’s got a bit of David and a bit of Kevin rolled into one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Christmas Day, we all knew Phil would arrive sooner or later, he’s been held back like a hungry lion & unleashed on the premier league, what a performance that was last night, on the pitch a billion pound of talent, and only Kev could surpass his brilliance. We’ve come back firing after lockdown & I don’t think it’s a coincidence he missed our only off par performance. The pace at which he operates at is what impresses me the most, whether he’s closing somebody down, the speed of a pass or a late run into the box, he’s clinical in front of goal and very two footed, I loved watching his battles with both scally full backs, they even had to switch them to stop him drifting inside, the way he plays can only be infectious to other players & our press is much better when he plays. There’s been a fair bit of negativity around the place with UEFA/CAS, Leroy’s departure and Sergio’s injury, and a large amount of squabbling on here! but at least we’ll all agree, this lad is a world beater and he’s ours : )

Phil has always had the ability but he definitely looks stronger and faster since the restart. I loved his goal last night. A great combination of football brains and power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.