Liverpool (H) Post-Match Thread

It's not often in the Premier League that a single player just looks at a different level than everyone else on the pitch consistently but our Kev does it almost weekly. We're so lucky to have him leading this team into a new (ish) era.

World class gets bandied around a lot but he is absolutely in the top few players in the world. Incredible.
the best player ever in most supporters eyes was the imperious Colin Bell. Kev just seems to be from the same mould

If this is available in précis somewhere I will read it, otherwise as you were

so as Brian Clough once famously said (or somethign very similar) - we will have a discussion/argument and after that discussion we will decide I was right all along!

Thanks

No Kun, David and Dinho last night, just as in the starting XI in Madrid.

Pep and the lads showed in these two big games City will continue to be a force even after legends like them.

Just watched the game back on City+...

Didn’t notice it last night but both teams were rubbish in the first 15mins, giving the ball away for fun. Liverpool then took over the game for 5mins and had the chance that hit the post, which woke City up!

I notice that the ref was just about to call for a drinks break but decided not to and then we got a penalty which Henderson was furious about. Haha

We then took over the game from there.

Noticed that every time we play 2 defensive mids against Liverpool, we win. We’ve yet to play that way at Anfield yet...

Did Ederson handle the ball outside the box? I think he did, glad nobody’s mentioned it in the press because it always ends up being evened up by a red card elsewhere the next week with us!

Tactically, the way we pulled their defenders out of position, was superb from City. But I thought we gave the ball away far too much. No individuals were really at fault for this, pretty much everyone was at it. Nothing major in terms of this game but on another day that could be costly!

Foden, Sterling and de Bruyne were all good in patches (even then all 3 needed to do much better in some situations), Thought Foden and Sterling were actually even better defensively than they were in attack.

Jesus has not had a good run of form since we’ve come back and he needs to get his game going! He worked hard though.

I noticed again that City play very tactically and technically in all situations, whereas Liverpool are more of a team that tries to cause panic and rush the ball forward.

Nowt wrong with either way of playing, similarly there’s nowt wrong with other ways of playing neither, like teams who kick a lot of high balls forward. It’s what makes the Prem so hard because there are four or five different styles across the teams (in some leagues there’s one, maybe two styles across a whole league).

Tell you what, we were far from our best but could have easily come away with a bigger win. We only really played well in spells and no individual was particularly great. But we were just miles better on the night, Imagine what it could have been if we’d been firing at all cylinders...

..... really nice bloke.....
........ arsenal fan.
tenor.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.