Kalidou Koulibaly

Garcia was quite clearly left to mark Mané on purpose, with Walker pushing up far more than he normally does in order to keep their midfield occupied and Robertson isolated against Sterling.

He did struggle once or twice but its testament to Peps trust in the lad that he gave him that responsibility.
Not on the 3 incidents in question, they're absolutely 100% Walker's responsibility, Garcia can't mark two players at once. It's very much unlike Walker but last night he was fucking atrocious defensively when he let Mane go on those isolated incidents. He could see everything, he was the one who should be round on the cover when balls are coming diagonally from the opposite right fullback, there's not a justifiable reason why he wasn't, it is such a fundamental basic principle.

Yeah there's not a single one, I think you're probably best doing a quick check first pal.

I'm OK. I already have. But I don't need my opinion validating by anyone else to back it.

You continue expecting a full back to operate as a sweeper and I'll continue expecting a centre back to cover his own zone and runs in behind.

Nope. Ricardo Perreira has been. Evans has been good. Soyuncu has been better. Better tackler, faster, anticipates better, better in the air, better passer, better dribbler, more comfortable on the ball. And they intercept the ball at the same rate.

And when you watch Leicester, it is clear who the better footballer is. And the Metrics support that too.
Evans has added defensive stability to that team. Almost similarly to the way Kompany did for us. He’s been terrific for them as painful as it is to admit. Soyuncu is rash at times and often his positioning is very very poor.

I'm OK. I already have. But I don't need my opinion validating by anyone else to back it.

You continue expecting a full back to operate as a sweeper and I'll continue expecting a centre back to cover his own zone and runs in behind.
2 CB's vs 3 strikers, you continue to bury your head in the sand if you think it's the CB's sole responsibility.

If this season is instructive, then Koulibaly is not at his peak anymore. How should we evaluate that?

Should his reputation supercede his current performance?

So you think City are buying him based purely on his reputation without having people monitor his performances during the course of the season

How very naïve,

So you think City are buying him based purely on his reputation without having people monitor his performances during the course of the season

How very naïve,
It's naive of you to think that's what I think. More like than not City is hoping this season was an anomaly and not a sign of his future potential.

But they sure as hell don't think he's been phenomenonal this season.

It's naive of you to think that's what I think. More like than not City is hoping this season was an anomaly and not a sign of his future potential.

But they sure as hell don't think he's been phenomenonal this season.
I don’t know what they think but I can be sure they won’t spend £70 mill on a player hoping for the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.