Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

The points would. But if Wigan didn't get relegated this season then the rather larger bet would have been lost due to the fact they didn't get relegated this season . The bet and the end of this season is the main driver here, not the 12 point deduction .

@Prestwich_Blue Whatever the rights or wrongs of the Newcastle takeover and I don't want to derail this one, the EFL are really dragging out their decision over it and yet here, despite everything indicating criminality, they approve it in record time. It beggars belief. To me as an outsider at least, it seems a set up from the start. (the takeover from Whelan) They have picked a 'small' club who would not attract much interest when it goes bust but who have had a big enough history to make it seem a genuine project. If they had taken over Rochdale they would not have been able to move as much money around in loans etc and yet throughout they have had little or no scrutiny from the so called guardians of the game, the EFL.

Funny you should mention Rochdale in this. They have been fending off a takeover attempt from an American consortium over the past few months that appears very odd on the face of it. I fear that Covid has made an awful lot of lower league clubs incredibly vulnerable to takeovers from people looking to make a quick buck through any means possible.

Funny you should mention Rochdale in this. They have been fending off a takeover attempt from an American consortium over the past few months that appears very odd on the face of it. I fear that Covid has made an awful lot of lower league clubs incredibly vulnerable to takeovers from people looking to make a quick buck through any means possible.

This is surely where Parry and his crew should be stepping in and helping out. What exactly does he do for the shed loads of money he gets ? it seems he sits on his fat arse, waits for it to go wrong and simply tuts, deducts 12 points and says oh well. This clown is in charge of a huge chunk of our national game, it seems the crooks are looking to pick it dry and he is doing squat.

The new owner must be a dick brain.
He bought the bloody club at the start of June for goodness sake so he must have known the situation tge club was in.
The only alternative is betting corruption and I can't see bookies paying out if their is any whiff of forcng the club to get relegated to win a bet.

Last edited:
More citizens in Wigan or rugby fans than local club supporters....

that’s one of the main problems. Lots of people in places like Wigan choose to support city, united or Liverpool. They’d probably be fine with more local support.

it’s the same for all the greater Manchester teams. Stockport, Rochdale, Macc. I include myself as part of that problem. I go to County games when I can, but I choose to mainly follow city through my dad/ family.

most the people I sit with at the ethihad are from the surrounding towns - not Manchester

The new owner must be a dick brain.
He bought the bloody club at the start of June for goodness sake so he must have known the situation tge club was in.
The only alternative is betting corruption and I can't see bookies paying out if their is any whiff of forcng the club to get relegated to win a bet.

You need to read the twitter thread, the new owner was the old owner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.