UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just for public consumption. Ourselves and UEFA will get a full (and very detailed, packed with legalese) explanation of why they've come to whatever decision they have. That surely requires more than just a few hours heads up?

they're just re-reading GDM's posts as a trial run, they'll be able to digest the verdict in seconds come Monday.

Pep’s body language after the Brighton game will give it away.

Interviewer: “Pep any thoughts on the CAS verdict on Monday?”

Pep:
fs7Zx-onye046grl-sYqjVtv8UjFXMtaUGEEa7kz_qIG7bD4Rt1O7L0StVEEoKhaPPqB7LmqBofeR3IT2_IoxHlLizkgIXkoWZJZ2q_5mIFjoz4h-4Y

Bluemoon: “Pep is hinting we got hammered!”

But that's just for public consumption. Ourselves and UEFA will get a full (and very detailed, packed with legalese) explanation of why they've come to whatever decision they have. That surely requires more than just a few hours heads up?
Would we get a full detailed notification at the outset? I think this is the relevant bit in the CAS rules ...

R59 Award

The award shall be rendered by a majority decision, or in the absence of a majority, by the President alone. It shall be written, dated and signed. The award shall state brief reasons. The sole signature of the President of the Panel or the signatures of the two co-arbitrators, if the President does not sign, shall suffice.

Before the award is signed, it shall be transmitted to the CAS Director General who may make rectifications of pure form and may also draw the attention of the Panel to fundamental issues of principle. Dissenting opinions are not recognized by CAS and are not notified.

The Panel may decide to communicate the operative part of the award to the parties, prior to the reasons. The award shall be enforceable from such notification of the operative part by courier, facsimile and/or electronic mail.

The award, notified by the CAS Court Office, shall be final and binding upon the parties subject to recourse available in certain circumstances pursuant to Swiss law within 30 days from the notification of the award by mail or courier. It may not be challenged by way of an action for setting aside to the extent that the parties have no domicile, habitual residence, or business establishment in Switzerland and that they have expressly excluded all setting aside proceedings in the arbitration agreement or in an agreement entered into subsequently, in particular at the outset of the arbitration.

The operative part of the award shall be communicated to the parties within three months after the transfer of the file to the Panel. Such time limit may be extended by the President of the Appeals Arbitration Division upon a reasoned request from the President of the Panel.

A copy of the operative part of the award, if any, and of the full award shall be communicated to the authority or sports body which has rendered the challenged decision, if that body is not a party to the proceedings.

The award, a summary and/or a press release setting forth the results of the proceedings shall be made public by CAS, unless both parties agree that they should remain confidential. In any event, the other elements of the case record shall remain confidential.

I’m not sure, but I think the full details would take longer to appear.

This was the initial CAS release for the PSG case.
https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_5937_decision.pdf

Maybe both parties get a bit more, but publicly that’s all the detail I’m expecting to see on Monday.

The full PSG reasoning, I think projectriver said, only appeared the other day!
If both parties agree CAS will not actually release the full reasoning, they can even restrict the initial release on request from both parties. Can't see that happening here mind.

There's a collective mass optimism that's reaching fever pitch on here. Each positive post encourages yet another positive post, its like we're all egging each other on to say something that confirms the general mood of the thread.

Sorry, but I find it really worrying that you're all allowing yourself to believe that everything is going to be ok when in fact we know the nothing. I'm a pessimist and always think the worst outcome is usually the norm.

Hope I'm wrong.

You can now throw rotten fruit at me.

I don't mean in terms of properly leaking something to the press, but City are a big club with a lot of employees. I imagine many on here know people who work at City but there have been very few rumours coming out about a verdict. I just feel that if the club knew definitively then someone would've heard something.
Ah ok, fair enough.

There's a collective mass optimism that's reaching fever pitch on here. Each positive post encourages yet another positive post, its like we're all egging each other on to say something that confirms the general mood of the thread.

Sorry, but I find it really worrying that you're all allowing yourself to believe that everything is going to be ok when in fact we know the nothing. I'm a pessimist and always think the worst outcome is usually the norm.

Hope I'm wrong.

You can now throw rotten fruit at me.
Well we do know that UEFA are confident that they are in the right. We also know that City are confident we're in the right.

Where's your confusion coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.