UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CL is not the same competiton as the PL with different financial rules. The CAS case relates to accounts in 2012 before FFP existed in the PL. They couldn't deduct our points for a domestic competition unless it happened across Europe to every other club which has failed FFP. The legal battle would cost the PL tens of millions at a time when they are facing their biggest ever financial crisis after Covid. The idea of points deductions is just another smear campaign to try and destabilise our club. The new PL boss is not stupid enough to get sucked into this. It could destroy his career.
But apparently there is some kind of PL rule about gaining entry into European competitions by deception that they could get us on. It has been mentioned on here before.

Just seen Pep and Cheeky in Hare and Hounds on Shudehill having a pint of Holts dark mild, i said whats the verdict then mi amigo, he said ‘It’s a better pint in The Old Monkey’

Pep said: “It was an issue from a long time ago.

"Maybe 90 per cent of the people who are on the pitch or the backroom staff were not there. But we are going to see and respect the decisions.

“I try to be involved in knowing exactly what happened and I am fully confident about what the club has done and it will allow us to play in the Champions League next season because we won it on the pitch during the season.”

Guardiola quotes:

“I am going to sleep because I cannot do anything. I would love to do something but I can’t," he said.

“I am confident in the club, I know the arguments, the defence they have and in the next season we are going to be in the place where we won on the pitch this season. We have to wait. I know there are many teams in the Premier League waiting too – but we are going to wait for what is happening on Monday.

"We will respect the decision but I try to be involved in knowing exactly what happened and I am fully confident about what the club has done and allow us to play in the Champions League next season because we won it on the pitch during the season."

"We wait until Monday and then the club will make a statement and I will give you my answer in the press conference. Now we cannot say anything else," he said.

"It is a joy to watch our team, I love my guys and we are ready for the rest of the season to try to do our best and I’m confident. That’s all I can say. I don’t know anything about this, just a feeling. I'm confident because we know exactly what the club has done and that will allow us to play in the Champions League next season - and to be recognised for everyone that nothing wrong happened."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.