UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been tried in a kangaroo court and sanction

I am told that the dippers hacked into our e-mails (club and private).
Not only that, but they tapped into private phone calls.
Above all that, they were the ones who disclosed the content (probably taken out of context), to UEFA.
I am told...

I doubt the scouts did this (who are still with liverpool)

Don't forget that one of the main parts of City's CAS complaint from May was that the IC had made judgement without allowing the club to fully present it's case, didn't respond to requests of information and didn't follow their own processes.
I know but the Adjudicatory Chamber (AC) must have assessed it and then dismissed it. They can not be dismissed in the same way as the Investigatory Chamber. Soriano noticeably criticised the work of the Investigatory Chamber but I struggle to see how the AC ignored City's evidence. There was a hearing I believe too.

CAS will review the process as well as the evidence which give City two lines of attack however.

The initial CAS report gives City some encouragement but it still makes me very nervous when in the face of evidence so called financial experts are still almost 100% opposed to City. Look at the way David Conn responded to PB's piece of evidence. He just changed his line of attack. This is political and not a technical dispute. It does not matter what the evidence says, the liberal intelligentsia want to find City guilty because they are Emirati. I think it is as simple as that.

Whether City are lucky enough to find 3 judges who have some integrity we shall have to wait and see. Because it's political, we should be worried. There's nothing we can do about that.

We dont have a transfer in the top 10.
Yes but Harry Maguire cost £80 million because VVD went for £75 million and that was all our fault because we enquired, were told a ridiculous price and walked away. If they then dropped their prices because we weren't interested the market wouldn't be inflated, simple.

Don't forget we were at fault for Ferdinand going for £30 million in 2002 because David Bernstein was heard saying he loved Rio (de Janiero)

I'm not entirely sure milieu is the correct word to deploy either. Judges tend to keep themselves to themselves. It's usually an isolated existence and can be a very lonely job.
David Conn reported a couple of days ago that Legal press reporting that City would be represented by Pannick QC who was in the same London chambers as Charles Flint who was on UEFA's AC.

I suspect they go to the same Unis where they read the same texts and have been inculcated with a certain view of the world which emphasises the superiority of Western pluralist society.

There is certainly a lot of prejudice amongst Western liberals which explains to a significant degree whilst Guardian journalists are ranged against City. The evidence and particulars of the case are irrelevant. They want City to go down because a foreign Sheikh is an affront to their values. It is to me to be honest too, but the difference is I know how that Sheikh came to power, and they don't.

Yes but Harry Maguire cost £80 million because VVD went for £75 million and that was all our fault because we enquired, were told a ridiculous price and walked away. If they then dropped their prices because we weren't interested the market wouldn't be inflated, simple.

Don't forget we were at fault for Ferdinand going for £30 million in 2002 because David Bernstein was heard saying he loved Rio (de Janiero)

tickled me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.