Lockdown - your opinions/observations

brooklandsblue2.0

As we start to come out of lockdown I’m interested to hear peoples thoughts on what’s happened over the last few months.

Personally it’s given me a new perspective and focus on what’s important. I know everyone’s circumstances are different but I’ve listed what I’ve found both positive and negative. Feel free to add your own.

Positive
  • Lost weight
  • Lower resting heart rate
  • The rush hour commute is unnecessary
  • More time with family
  • Realised I wasted a lot of money on things like Meals out / drinks /new clothes / lunches
  • After an initial adjustment my work can be done efficiently from home
  • I really enjoy walking
  • A lot of jobs I would have paid someone to do previously I can do myself

• Negative
  • Queuing to get in shops
  • Day to day interaction with people outside your house is important
  • If you watch / read too much MSM it can have a huge affect on your mental health
  • Higher alcohol intake
  • The thought of city winning the champs league in an empty stadium
  • Lack of basic freedoms

Unprecedented times for sure. Pretty much the same as your pros and cons except for the increased weight. Walking a lot in an attempt to counterbalance.

Good idea for a thread....

I've not had many negative experiences, I've worked from home, at work I normally have 4 large screens to operate on, but at home its one small laptop, but with a hires screen, unfortunately my work glasses were stuck in my locker at work, so had to use my old ones at home until I could get a new eye test and prescription, only got the new ones 2 weeks ago, huge improvement.

Not missed the office at all, not missed commuting at all, I only filled my car up last week first time since the end of Feb.

My office has probably been better at communicating with each other in lockdown than when in office, thanks to skype, and I'm pretty sure we've all been more productive/managed time better. Normally we email each other, even if we are only a few desks apart, but we've chatted on skype like friends, both about work, but also other parts of life, and email traffic has only been important stuff (mostly).

Nature, I/we have loved it, seen and heard far more than I'm normally aware of, its often been so quiet you can hear things you never hear.

Missed seeing my family, normally see my lad at the football, and visit my parents every couple of months, but all are good, and we chat regularly, met our daughter yesterday for the first time since christmas, in a place I'd never have gone otherwise, picked from google earth as a halfway house, and we enjoyed a brilliant 5 mile walk in a truly beautiful place, appreciating what a wonderful countryside we have.

We've enjoyed local walks, even in town, or it's local surroundings, and seen things we wouldn't see in our "normal" lives.

We've changed our shopping habits, instead of shopping small and often, we've gone back to weekly, changed supermarkets, to Waitrose, and yet saved money, in fact we've saved a lot of money overall.

All in all for me, it's been a positive experience, and a number of things I intend to persist with, such as working from home as much as I can, I will have to return to the office in a few weeks, but I'm hoping we will continue the way we are working.

We work 2 shifts, but we've done 1 shift in the office, and 1 shift from home (luckily I've only done the home shift until now), but I'm hopeful we'll persist with this as it has worked well, and I'm happy to do my office shifts when required, but there won't be many.

Too many fuckwits.

The current fuckwit wears a mask then comes as close as they can to you because its a cure.

A mask isn't anything but a protection for the wearers and others. It needs to be worn in conjunction with social distancing and hand washing etc etc - a disposable mask worn for the 4th time now seems to be the get out clause for all the super spreading cunts.

I’ve established, in the main, that Netflix is absolutely shit.

Ive also come to appreciate the amount of bell ends who walk this earth. You know, those who believe they are above any law and order.

I’ve also seen how important a garden centre appears to be to some folk.

But most of all, I fucking hate cyclists.

Pro's.
I've lost quite a bit of weight, I won't be going back to restaurants as I now realise they're a rip off.
I like cooking.
We walk on the beach a lot, grown very fond of that.
I'm a better Bass player now having studied more scales and appregios.
I've decluttered even more.
Life feels simpler.
I can have telephone consultation with the doctor.

Cons.
I really really miss travel, especially cruises.
Missed seeing my grandson very much.
To be honest I'm not a racist person but unfortunately feel a bit more racist than before mainly due to all the BLM stuff.
I'm truly gutted at the way China has treated us. They are indeed bullies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.