United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the Glazers getting another 140m loan? That’s what they did when this virus set in!

It’s pretty disgusting that clubs can get loans to bail them out then go out and spend big money on players.

They have relax ffp for one season I have a feeling it will be extended or scrapped till at least stadiums are full again.

So when the Glazers getting another 140m loan? That’s what they did when this virus set in!

It’s pretty disgusting that clubs can get loans to bail them out then go out and spend big money on players.

They have relax ffp for one season I have a feeling it will be extended or scrapped till at least stadiums are full again.
It was only ever meant to stop us and psg. Now it's failed I expect ffp to be initially temporarily suspended and never come back

Might be wrong but I think they had ~90m cash reserve from the last quarterly Financial report @Prestwich_Blue can probably confirm.

Next results are due in a month or so, should be interesting.

From the telegraph......

Frank Lampard will tell his Chelsea players to be wary of Manchester United’s ability to win penalties ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.

The head coach also believes his team are due a Var decision to go their way after United’s 2-0 victory at Stamford Bridge in February.

United have been awarded 13 penalties in the Premier League this season, equalling the record for the number to one team in a campaign, and have faced accusations of diving from Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa since the restart.

Well done Frank for calling it out! Probably FA charge incoming.

Might be wrong but I think they had ~90m cash reserve from the last quarterly Financial report @Prestwich_Blue can probably confirm.

Ah yeah remember that now think it was a bit more than that maybe 150m but when you have that much cash reserve why get a 140m loan?

In their March quarterly statements, they reported that they'd gone through nearly £225m of cash, net, in the 9 months to 31st March. That's compared to £50m net negative cashflow at the same point in the previous financial year. They had £100m less in the bank than the previous year (£90m compared to £194m) and they had over £200m due within 12 months on transfer obligations and other commitments.And that's before Covid-19 struck fully. Things will be a lot worse for them in the next accounts.

I had to laugh when someone reported that they'd taken a loan to finance a war chest for this transfer windwo, when it was quite clear they'd done it to pay for the palyers they'd already bought & owed money on. Not getting top 4 would be quite serious for them. Please let it happen!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.