New striker?

Kane! Would score every game in this City team with Kev and co behind him, Jesus not clinical enough in my opinion

Anyone but Kane. Raz and Gabby can have next season while we look for a longer term replacement for Kun. Kane would be a complete waste of money snd not suited to our current playing style

Kane suits our play style absolutely perfectly. People really need to shelve their club biases in these threads.

Kane scores at a rate only Aguero can match (in a much worse side) and his build up play, passing and link with Spurs' wide men is as good as any 9 in the world. This is not surprising at all considering the manager who shaped Kane, Pochettino, and Pep are both Bielsa disciples.

If he had a good injury record he would be Pep's perfect striker.

But he doesn't.

Kane suits our play style absolutely perfectly. People really need to shelve their club biases in these threads.

Kane scores at a rate only Aguero can match (in a much worse side) and his build up play, passing and link with Spurs' wide men is as good as any 9 in the world. This is not surprising at all considering the manager who shaped Kane, Pochettino, and Pep are both Bielsa disciples.

If he had a good injury record he would be Pep's perfect striker.

But he doesn't.

He is a worse than Kun for pressing (and he isn't that great either, although he has improved on that front ) not that great first touch and is even less mobile/agile. He will get found out in the current set up. Haaland or Son (If we had to sign one Spurs player) at a push would be better, although there is room for improvement with that.

Last edited:
He is a worse than Kun for pressing (and he isn't that great either, although he has improved on that front ) not that great first touch and is even less mobile/agile. He will get found out in the current set up. Haaland or Son (If we had to sign one Spurs player) at a push would be better, although there is room for improvement with that.

Kane's pressing is pretty much level, but actually slightly higher than Aguero's, Kane doing 15.7 pressures per game and Aguero 13.8.

He's not less mobile, he's not as fast as Aguero was at his best, but neither is Aguero, and Kane often manages to both create attacks through his build up play and finish them - which both Aguero and Jesus struggle to do here.

When you start throwing people like Haaland in, or using phrases like "found out" FFS, it's very clear you're just seeing things through club bias.

So come on then, who is the Holy Grail for striker over the next 5 years

I’m getting tired of Jesus and I really liked him when he came. I really thought he was better than Kun at first. I don’t care what the stats say. It’s the eye test for me.

I want a different striker. But Pep and a Txiki are delighted with Jesus so fuck do I know....

:/

Kane's pressing is pretty much level, but actually slightly higher than Aguero's, Kane doing 15.7 pressures per game and Aguero 13.8.

He's not less mobile, he's not as fast as Aguero was at his best, but neither is Aguero, and Kane often manages to both create attacks through his build up play and finish them - which both Aguero and Jesus struggle to do here.

When you start throwing people like Haaland in, or using phrases like "found out" FFS, it's very clear you're just seeing things through club bias.

Even before Pep arrived I didn't get the hype that surrounded Harry Kane

Even before Pep arrived I didn't get the hype that surrounded Harry Kane

Yes, that's called bias. If you "don't get the hype" about the player with the joint best strike rate in Premier League history, who's scored 142 goals in 200 games, is he second fastest player to 100 goals, multiple golden boots, has scored more goals in a season than Aguero ever has, who carries a shit Spurs side for long periods at a very young age and has an exceptional record in Europe ...it's because you're not looking at it objectively.

We've all been there. I thought Kyle Walker was shit when he was at Spurs, and massively overrated, and it took seeing him perform consistently in a City shirt to change my mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.