Face mask Friday

I’d say that from last week in comparison to today, mask wearing changed from about 5/10% up to 90% when I’ve just had a wander in Rammy.

When i went shops yesterday lots of people not wearing masks. Including staff .
Ultimately the law and education are important, but mask wearing will only happen when it becomes socially unacceptable to not wear one and peer pressure exerts itself. Similar to drink driving - the fact that everyone thinks you are a **** for doing it is probably more of a disincentive than the law/legal consequences. Like drink driving, there will always be a few pricks who think their right to enjoy themselves trumps that of everyone else to not die.

Working in retail, I'm not well disposed to anyone who chooses not to wear a mask in the shop without a good reason.

I wear one working for 9 hours a day, I can't wait until I don't have to, but it's helps keep people safe, so we all do it. 1000's of people pass through every week, if they weren't wearing masks I would refuse to work. The odds of encountering someone with the virus are much higher for shop workers than for customers.

Also it means that we can have much more people inside the shop, so fewer queues, more furloughed staff can come back to work, customers can get better service, and things can get more back to normal for everyone.

Anyway, 99.9% of folk up here are wearing one, those that don't I just avoid.

I agree 100% that masks should be worn in shops etc but when a Government passes a Law that carries a penalty but totally passes the buck on how its going to be enforced just makes a mockery of the Law. The knuckle draggers in society know they can go in a shop put 2 fingers up to the staff and zero will happen- a bit like shop lifting,burglary,vandalism,etc. Wrong message being sent imo.
I’m hoping that’s a temporary situation and that it will soon be properly enforced. Retailers are acting like powder puffs. If I walked into a shop smoking, or with my dick out, are they going to turn a blind eye?

Note to self: I’ll test this out at Aldi tomorrow.

Staff are exempt. I just popped into a Sainsburys local without one on and I wasn't the only person either. Nothing said, no fuss made. Staff not wearing either.

Call me a cnut, call me this call me that. I'm not wearing and if asked ill leave.
Maybe you’d prefer an oxygen mask, oaf. Or are they for everyone else too?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.