Holiday advice

Decided to change flights and hotel for Portugal in September till same time next year done with no hassle bar a slight admin fee for the hotel change ..

Home tomorrow after 2 weeks in Nerja.
We have been coming for over 20 years and this is up there with the best of the lot.

Everything open , The Med is the cleanest I have ever seen , Restaurants with plenty of space ,everyone very happy to be getting back to near normal.
I will be wearing my mask a lot more back home , it’s reassuring and not a big deal at all although 35 degree heat is a bit testing.

All in all , business very much as ususual.

Hey m8 glad you're enjoying it

off to Nerja on Saturday and your post (and from speaking to a few others) is pretty reassuring

Hey m8 glad you're enjoying it

off to Nerja on Saturday and your post (and from speaking to a few others) is pretty reassuring

Love Nerja. But not been since the kids were very young as its not really a kid's resort

Will start going again one day

Had our first holiday in Goa back in February, absolutely loved it and were hoping to return in January, holidays are being offered, prices are ok, although currently a bit higher than we paid last time. Such a big gamble to consider booking yet but I can't help but keep checking the prices, maybe the Canaries will be the best bet come January.
Not sure if we are going anywhere else this year but if we do it will probably be Cornwall.
Done every year since 2007 and love the place, but also got around a bit too, Taj Mahl, Delhi, Bangalore to watch England get beat by fucking Ireland in the cricket world cup, amongst a few.
We have booked flights for February but doing Thailand and Sri Lanka first. Done everything independently, accommodation all through Booking.com so not paid yet, just reserved, but its the flights (8 in total, and different airlines) I'm worried about!

What's the score with Cyprus and letting Brits in? I've been looking at a holiday there in mid September, hopefully it'll still be warm and the brats will be back in school

Meant to be putting us in CAT B which means we need to have a test ect, TUI and Jet2 have said they will cancel their flights unless we are put in CAT A.

Did a week in Majorca 11th to 18th July on the first TUI packages since lockdown.
Had a cracking time; weather was good, crowds nowhere to be seen.
Stayed in a hotel that would usually be at full capacity of 450 people in July, but only 50 people checked in on the 11th and a further 50 people check in on the next TUI flight on the 14th, so really did enjoy the peace and quiet.

Wearing a mask in the airport/hotel wasn't an issue and became second nature after a couple of days.

Got a long weekend in Zante over the August bank holiday, recently booked as so cheap. Hoping no issues there and can travel as normal.

Supposed to be going Vegas in November for a week but we're just waiting on BA to cancel the holiday as it's so unlikely it will go ahead. Lined up a week in Egypt as a replacement.

Crazy year for travel, I work in the industry and it's really put me to the test the last few months (not to mention all my trips I've had cancelled), but that week in Majorca was a huge positive in many respects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.