Holiday advice

Mine does, I had it before the pandemic.
I had mine well before too, but you need to read the very small print, there was no mention of "pandemic" as such, but there was a clause that said something about if the FCO advised against non essential travel, it was very deeply buried, they did refund me the cost of the insurance though.

Stuck in between a rock and a hard place at the minute. Booked and paid for flights to Crete on the 23rd June with Jet2 who have cancelled all flights up to the 17th. No problem with the accommodation, I've been able to cancel that but currently changing flights to June next year increases the cost from £600 to £915. I've no concerns over getting a refund off Jet2 if the flight is cancelled, they appear to have been the best by far. But if they come out and say they're starting up again then I can't honestly say I'd be happy getting on a plane regardless and then I'd lose 600 quid.

Stuck in between a rock and a hard place at the minute. Booked and paid for flights to Crete on the 23rd June with Jet2 who have cancelled all flights up to the 17th. No problem with the accommodation, I've been able to cancel that but currently changing flights to June next year increases the cost from £600 to £915. I've no concerns over getting a refund off Jet2 if the flight is cancelled, they appear to have been the best by far. But if they come out and say they're starting up again then I can't honestly say I'd be happy getting on a plane regardless and then I'd lose 600 quid.

I think Greece were talking about opening up to tourism in July, so you might be ok if you don't want to go. Though I guess they could bring it forward like Croatia if their loosening of the lockdown continues to be successful.

Similar for me 10 days mid July flying to Chania with Jet2.

I'm gonna sit tight for now.

I had mine well before too, but you need to read the very small print, there was no mention of "pandemic" as such, but there was a clause that said something about if the FCO advised against non essential travel, it was very deeply buried, they did refund me the cost of the insurance though.
Of course, as long as the FCO advise against they have to pay up. Or at least my policy does.
That’s not just for pandemics it’s for anything the FO think risky.

Of course, as long as the FCO advise against they have to pay up. Or at least my policy does.
That’s not just for pandemics it’s for anything the FO think risky.
No the small print was the opposite in mine, they don't have to pay up, but it was buried very deep in the small print and they were very long. Problem is when I took the insurance out, nobody was thinking about pandemic insurance.

I depends on your policy.
Mine was not the cheapest and specifically included pandemic .
Only the cheapest exclude FO advisory unless bought after the advisory is issued.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.