Talksport

Proper fans need to give Talk Sport a wide berth. It has been a WUM station since it's birth hiring washed up alcoholic ex pros trying to pay for their divorce. Usually they bring a new "pundit" (I use the term generously) who keeps a low profile for a few weeks then once he has settled in, bosses tell them to say something completely outrageous to enrage fans and improve publicity for the station. It's a boring cycle.

Sadly 5 live is following the same path to increase their audience, to add to the mix they are now hiring so called "fans" who are youtubers. Sadly not a true representation of the fan base either.
Simply don't listen, Talksport is on the verge of financial ruin and a final loss of advertising revenue will end it for good!

Radio 5 , simply don't pay your tv licence. The BBC is an embarrassment, no longer fit for purpose. Their support for Jimmy Saville should never be forgotten and should have ended them once and for all. The BBC should be impartial in every way, but as we have seen their football coverage alone is simply embarrassing and don't let's start on their political bias.

Last edited:
Proper fans need to give Talk Sport a wide berth. It has been a WUM station since it's birth hiring washed up alcoholic ex pros trying to pay for their divorce. Usually they bring a new "pundit" (I use the term generously) who keeps a low profile for a few weeks then once he has settled in, bosses tell them to say something completely outrageous to enrage fans and improve publicity for the station. It's a boring cycle.

Sadly 5 live is following the same path to increase their audience, to add to the mix they are now hiring so called "fans" who are youtubers. Sadly not a true representation of the fan base either.
5Live is trying too hard to be the Radio 1 of news and sport. Being a FOC I can't understand what half the kids are talking about. As you say these influencers aren't representative of real fans they are there to troll other fans if the club's they don't follow.

Darren Gough gets a lot of stick on here and rightly so for some of the stupid things he says. Yet he is fantastic when talking cricket.
He was the the debate show yesterday after the close of play. He was insightful, knowledgeable and very entertaining. He was absolutely worlds away from the character that rolls up for talk sport.

Darren Gough gets a lot of stick on here and rightly so for some of the stupid things he says. Yet he is fantastic when talking cricket.
He was the the debate show yesterday after the close of play. He was insightful, knowledgeable and very entertaining. He was absolutely worlds away from the character that rolls up for talk sport.
Your last sentence sums it up.... When with Durham he is in character..... All worked out nicely, who will be good cop / bad cop that day for which particular subject.
It used to wind me up until I realised it is pantomime radio (oh yes it is) and now listen in purely for the entertainment value.
Although Jason Bent saying "Sa-ink" for something and "ga-in" for going does raise the blood temperature along with the increase in female presenters - not because they are female - because most of the time they are pushed to the back and contribute just with chuckles and just agreeing with the main presenters.
Seems like a box ticking exercise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.