CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I would Be shocked if we appealed the fine. We took a deliberate and as it turned out spectacular gamble to refuse to give the documents. CAS were well within their rights to state we breached Art 56 because we clearly did. Any Appeal will likely fail miserably. CAS make the statement that UEFA May have found a different result had we supplied all the info. We all know that is not likely either but it is an assumption they are entitled to make.
We gave them the documents in due time.
We refused to comply with a Kangaroo Court in the run up to that point. Not providing witnesses to be brought before the UEFA hanging court seems to be the main issue.

I read the BBC article and nearly choked on my water this morning headed straight on here. What a bunch of twats. How can they get away with it?

...because, currently, the club allows them to.

They may ask for a change in the tone of article but that means 8 hours later a slight change to the headline and a bit added at the end of the article.

The club should just ban their access.

Either Rui Pinto, in which case the law is already dealing with him, or someone at Der Spiegel who thought it made the story look better. I suppose we could pursue DS through the German courts but it's questionable whether it's worth the hassle tbh, it could drag on.
Der Spiegel for sure.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...-leaks-whistleblower-rui-pinto-a-1251121.html

DER SPIEGEL and the EIC investigative reporting network nevertheless decided to work with the whistleblower's documents. Three aspects were decisive: Pinto's data is authentic; it is of strong public interest; and, on top of this, Pinto never interfered with the verification of the documents. He allowed the journalists to carry out their research on the material independently. Journalists, after all, need to be able to independently review which content is in the public interest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.