CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Slightly of topic, but Arsenal in our early days in ADUG ownership where amongst the most critical of our spending ability, notably through Wenger. Despite this criticism there was little rage from him when our new owners were to sign away the cheques for something like £80 million for Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Nasri. If he didn't want the ArseNil coffers to be boosted by clearing the decks, he only ever had to say NO.

In view of City & Chelsea being England's two most successful clubs over the past ten years, these are all very valid arguments.

HOWEVER, as you'll already know, common sense is in short supply when City are mentioned.

I'm tired of telling opposition fans that our owner could be worth a Gazillion quid, but he's still limited in what he can spend on our squad because of FFP.

This is where they believe being sponsored by companies based in the same country as the owner is an FFP scam.

This being the case, why aren't the USA owned clubs more heavily scrutinised for being sponsored by USA based companies?
..not only the Americans.. perhaps a tad more scrutiny might be applied to German clubs and their owners/sponsorships?

For example, and picking this out purely at random*, there is one club of which 25% of its ownership was bought and divided in equal measure between the German companies Adidas, Allianz and Audi, which at sum injected a huge amount of capital into the club and its shareholding.

Said companies also provide multimillion sponsorships to said club, having done so already for many, many years (eg Allianz 130M euros for stadium naming rights between 2023 and 2033; and Adidas 900M euros for kit sponsorship between 2015 and 2030)

Nothing really wrong with all that in my book, nor do I doubt that it's all above board legally**

Just saying, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander..

(* I jest, of course.. it's our Bavarian chums with the board members with criminal records!)

(** But it would be nice to have some authority or other to check the numbers in some depth, just to make sure, what with all those pesky criminal records that abound at the club?!)

..not only the Americans.. perhaps a tad more scrutiny might be applied to German clubs and their owners/sponsorships?

For example, and picking this out purely at random*, there is one club of which 25% of its ownership was bought and divided in equal measure between the German companies Adidas, Allianz and Audi, which at sum injected a huge amount of capital into the club and its shareholding.

Said companies also provide multimillion sponsorships to said club, having done so already for many, many years (eg Allianz 130M euros for stadium naming rights between 2023 and 2033; and Adidas 900M euros for kit sponsorship between 2015 and 2030)

Nothing really wrong with all that in my book, nor do I doubt that it's all above board legally**

(* I jest, of course.. it's our Bavarian chums with the board members with criminal records!)

(** But it would be nice to have some authority or other to check the numbers in some depth, just to make sure, what with all those pesky criminal records that abound at the club?!)
Mate, Bayern receive nearly £400m PER SEASON from that lot, who're also shareholders!

If Sheikh Mansour was to do the same, we'd be thrown out the PL & CL!

This is why the PL are shitting themselves at the thought of government intervention & regulation, & UK courts being the ultimate arbiter.

This lot are lucky SM is such a nice & peaceable bloke! If it was me, it'd be fuckin out & out warfare mate! :-)

Slightly of topic, but Arsenal in our early days in ADUG ownership where amongst the most critical of our spending ability, notably through Wenger. Despite this criticism there was little rage from him when our new owners were to sign away the cheques for something like £80 million for Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Nasri. If he didn't want the ArseNil coffers to be boosted by clearing the decks, he only ever had to say NO.
We basically paid for their fucking stadium, the debt from which was until then stopping them buying anyone. Hypocritical cunts - Wenger had us bent over with our pants down on those deals then had the cheek to cry victim over it. Cunts.

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg both have their owners as sponsors….

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg both have their owners as sponsors….
Yes, but they don't finish above Bayern or win anything so it's ok. We'd be fine to if we finished 6th every year and the red shite could stay at the top

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.