Diego Carlos

Ok correct. Fine. Still not sure why this is so important to you that I think people whose parents give them two Surnames are odd and i don't much care for two Christian names either.

Are you still angry that I thought you were insane because you think Joe Hart can still play for us? Or because your argument about him being better than Carson made you sound like a twelve year old?

In any case, enjoy your victory today. It is a huge one. Be sure to tell your mates about it. They will be impressed. :-)

Deed poll Dave.

People too easily forget how good Ota was for us, at times. Many here are very keen to label our own players as shit and it does not sit well with me whatsoever. These players have been a part of one of the most successful squads in Premier League history. They are exceptionally good players who may have lost their way with us or have been exposed by changes in the team but we should always be respectful of our own.

He had certain good games, but so has Stones - more I would say. He might be ok for a mid-table team, but given our ambitions he was never good enough. If you don't have pace (and he is slow as treacle), position sense, poise and judgment are crucial. He doesn't have even one of those. So love his passion, and still recall moments like his winner in the derby in our centurions season, but he's been rank average at best.

He had certain good games, but so has Stones - more I would say. He might be ok for a mid-table team, but given our ambitions he was never good enough. If you don't have pace (and he is slow as treacle), position sense, poise and judgment are crucial. He doesn't have even one of those. So love his passion, and still recall moments like his winner in the derby in our centurions season, but he's been rank average at best.

Then how’d he get into the TotS when that’s so rare for us? He was a monster in 17/18 and solid in 18/19.

Not the same. Stones had a few good games. Ota
had a great season.

In my opinion, you are wrong. You do not qualify for the team of the season in England and Spain as 'okay for a mid-table team', especially when you played for City and Valencia in those leagues.

Anybody watch La Liga regularly know about this guy?

Reading some comments elsewhere and people are praising how he's the whole package, but simply bloomed later. 27 is fairly young and if he can be has for 60m, so as to not blow our budget, he might be the smarter option.

Just been watching clips of him and I can't believe I didn't realise he was the player involved in this hysterical incident with (now former) referee Tony Chapron:

I remember when it happened a couple of years ago. Fucking hysterical.

In my opinion, you are wrong. You do not qualify for the team of the season in England and Spain as 'okay for a mid-table team', especially when you played for City and Valencia in those leagues.

2017/18 was his best season, but even there he made some serious mistakes. Take a look at the CL 2nd leg vs. Scousers. But early-mid season when we really won the title (and before his injury), Stone was outstanding or both club and country and IMO more important than Otamendi. Look back at the BM post match threads from that year and you will see that. Even articles at the time in praise of him were fairly guarded in their assessment of him as a defender. Case in point:
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/392865/nicolas-otamendi-premier-league-pass-record/

Overall, the PL cupboard was fairly bare of central defenders at that time (Van Dijk still stuck in a leaky Southampton defence at that time) so yes he shone in a pretty dull sky. And that's one season out of five.

2018/19, sorry he was not solid. He started less than half the games and Pep did not pick him for virtually any big game coming into the season end. Fortunately Kompany was fit again to partner Laporte or the Scousers would have won the title comfortably.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.