Diego Carlos

Few comparisons to who we have and who else we are linked with

Diego Carlos(35 appearances) - Won 61% of his aerial duels, 84% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 35 tackles and was dribbled past 10 times

Fernandinho(28 appearances at CB) - Won 59% of his aerial duels, 89% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 46 tackles and was dribbled past 14 times

Laporte(15 appearances) - Won 65% of his aerial duels, 92% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 13 tackles and was dribbled past 5 times

Eric Garcia(13 appearances) - Won 35% of his aerial duels, 93% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 6 tackles and was dribbled past 4 times

Nathan Ake(29 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 87% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 31 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times

Kalidou Koulibaly(24 appearances) - Won 57% of his aerial duels, 91% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 67%, made 50 tackles and was dribbled past 11 times

Milan Skriniar(31 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 92% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 69%, made 38 tackles and was dribbled past 18 times

Pau Torres(34 appearances) - Won 43% of his aerial duels, 85% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 59%, made 34 tackles and was dribbled past 8 times

Ruben Dias(33 appearances) - Won 60% of his aerial duels, 88% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 44 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times

It's honestly incredible how good Fernandinho is in the air. He's a freak of nature.

I do think it is time to sell Ota but I will remember him as an excellent servant for the club. He is now targeted somewhat because of his lack of pace: teams know that sitting deep and catching on a pacy counter is the only route to likely success against us and it is his personal Achille's heel. Playing so sporadically also does not allow him to get used to the rhythm of a colleague and that is something he needs as his physical powers are not top-notch.

He was always slow as fuck and suspect at 1-on-1. Remember our catastrophic home loss to Chelsea in Pep's first season - he was completely embarrassed and cleaned out by Costa. He had redeeming qualities - courage, ability from set-pieces - but as a straight defender, he's always been average at best IMO. He has never come close to carrying a defence the way Kompany or potentially Laporte can do. Even in 2017/18, he looked decent alongside a rock solid Stones early in the season and Kompany.

Anyway, that's me done. I respect your views - just see it differently.

Diego Carlos(35 appearances) - Won 61% of his aerial duels, 84% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 35 tackles and was dribbled past 10 times

Fernandinho(28 appearances at CB) - Won 59% of his aerial duels, 89% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 46 tackles and was dribbled past 14 times

Laporte(15 appearances) - Won 65% of his aerial duels, 92% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 13 tackles and was dribbled past 5 times

Eric Garcia(13 appearances) - Won 35% of his aerial duels, 93% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 6 tackles and was dribbled past 4 times

Nathan Ake(29 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 87% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 50%, made 31 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times

Kalidou Koulibaly(24 appearances) - Won 57% of his aerial duels, 91% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 67%, made 50 tackles and was dribbled past 11 times

Milan Skriniar(31 appearances) - Won 50% of his aerial duels, 92% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 69%, made 38 tackles and was dribbled past 18 times

Pau Torres(34 appearances) - Won 43% of his aerial duels, 85% pass accuracy, long ball accuracy of 59%, made 34 tackles and was dribbled past 8 times

Ruben Dias(33 appearances) - Won 60% of his aerial duels, 88% pass completion, long ball accuracy of 60%, made 44 tackles and was dribbled past 9 times
Thanks for that I like comparing stats, although it's only part of a picture. I know we've not been necessarily linked with all of them but could you also do: VVD, Maquire, De ligt and Leicester's Soyuncu if it's not too much trouble.
Thanks

The know nothing BBC reporter, (and rag fan), Simon Stone had the cheek in his recent Nathan Ake article to say:
" (Ake) is also good in the air, which is one of 35-year-old Fernandinho's weaknesses after he was pressed into service"
I saw that but assumed I was hallucinating.
Ferna is very often our first line of aerial defence, even more so than the CBs. Another reason why we missed him so badly in midfield this season

Since when has a footballer had to have their age shoehorned into every comment about him?

It's almost like they're pandering to their baying masses who live in such fear of Fern that they take faux comfort from him being old. "Look, he's 35, he's finally nearly gone".

Thanks for that I like comparing stats, although it's only part of a picture. I know we've not been necessarily linked with all of them but could you also do: VVD, Maquire, De ligt and Leicester's Soyuncu if it's not too much trouble.
Thanks

Virgil Van Dijk(38 appearances) - Won 76% of his aerial duels, 89% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 55%, made 23 tackles and was dribbled past 7 times.

Harry Maguire(38 appearances) - Won 71% of his aerial duels, 86% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 57%, made 37 tackles and was dribbled past 16 times

Caglar Soyuncu(34 appearances) - Won 63% of his aerial duels, 89% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 51%, made 60 tackles and was dribbled past 19 times

Matthijs De Ligt(29 appearances) - Won 64% of his aerial duels, 90% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 66%, made 25 tackles and was dribbled past 10 times

Since when has a footballer had to have their age shoehorned into every comment about him?

It's almost like they're pandering to their baying masses who live in such fear of Fern that they take faux comfort from him being old. "Look, he's 35, he's finally nearly gone".
Fern is 3 months younger than Ronaldo, (spit), but both doing the business.

Virgil Van Dijk(38 appearances) - Won 76% of his aerial duels, 89% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 55%, made 23 tackles and was dribbled past 7 times.

Harry Maguire(38 appearances) - Won 71% of his aerial duels, 86% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 57%, made 37 tackles and was dribbled past 16 times

Caglar Soyuncu(34 appearances) - Won 63% of his aerial duels, 89% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 51%, made 60 tackles and was dribbled past 19 times

Matthijs De Ligt(29 appearances) - Won 64% of his aerial duels, 90% pass accuracy, had a long ball accuracy of 66%, made 25 tackles and was dribbled past 10 times

Surely Van Dyke has never, ever been dribbled past, not once, but seven times? The weirdos at Sky Sports constantly tell me so :)

Dias stands out to me on those stats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.