Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you look awkward in a highlight reel or you on about other footage? Blackburn fans said he was far too good for them and should be in the prem.

Just his style of tackling and defending just from that little bit of highlights - just looks unbalanced and awkward - guess there is only one way of finding out however and thats getting him back here

Just his style of tackling and defending just from that little bit of highlights - just looks unbalanced and awkward - guess there is only one way of finding out however and thats getting him back here

He's 6ft5 with long legs will look awkward to be fair.

If Garcia leaves, Tosin deserves a chance to stay for a season and see whether he can improve. If Koulibaly signs, Tosin could learn a great deal from him.

I think that's mostly just because he's so tall and gangly to be honest

If Garcia leaves, Tosin deserves a chance to stay for a season and see whether he can improve. If Koulibaly signs, Tosin could learn a great deal from him.
I'm not saying Tosin doesn't a chance but I've watched quite alot of him at Blackburn and WBA and he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level to play at City. Both WBA and Blackburn left him on the bench numerous times. If Pep thinks he's good enough to get a chance then I'm sure he will.
If anybody deserves a chance its Harwood-Bellis.

You are right in that some of the best cb's have been small, Cannavaro being a case in point. The issue though with all the other quality cb's who have been on the small side, they have at least been fast or strong. Garcia is neither. 99% of the time it is footballers who are intelligent that we need in our team. The problem is the we have been caught out this season with that final 1%. It does not matter how much possession you have, how beautiful your football is or how great a team you are.If you are susceptible to one ball over the top, then the top strikers will punish you.

Garcia would be an asset with someone like Distin at one side of him and Kyle Walker on the other. The problem is that we are only as strong as our weakest link and when you weakness is the ball over the top into space, you can not have a cb who looks like he is running through treacle, regardless of how good he is on the ball.

If Pep thinks that Garcia is so good then keep him and build the defence around him. At the minute though his attributes are only exacerbating our major weakness.

Yes, the ball over the top is Garcia's main weakness even in the games he isn't playing in.

No dafter than a man claiming a pro athlete can't jump.

Not as daft as the folk saying he isn't tall enough to be a CB then brush over the fact some of the worlds best ever CB's have been small CB's.

The one thing these guys had in common was the fact they could all read a game of football and that is something Garcia is already very good at for a 19yo kid.

As in 'can't jump' you mean I was claiming he can't actually leave the ground ? Like in a cartoon ? In a diving suit with lead boots on & one of those helmet thingys with a tube attached ? That kind of idea ?

Or do you think I meant that considering he isn't physically well built or tall, he is pretty rubbish at leaping, to gain the aerial strength required to compensate ?

Unlike some shorter players who are very good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.