Why can’t we produce a decent striker?

That Bobby Duncan kid, Gerrard’s cousin, was quite highly rated wasn’t he before Liverpool poached him? Then he fell out with them within a year and he’s now in Italy I think.
Not everyone who leaves turns out like Sancho. Aren’t we losing another striker to united?

What age was Kelechi when we signed him? Can’t remember but think he might already have been 17

He played for us at 17 as a 'trialist'. Didnt sign until later due to some quirky rules around African youth players. I dont think he really counts as one of our accedmy products (the rags would claim him).

Is this list suppose to prove something?

There's 2 players who came through after about 2005/2006 in that list and one is Ched Evans.

Foden is the first academy player to start 10 league games for City since Micah in 2012, and he came through the academy in 2005.

We can worry about why we haven't produced a striker when there's 3 or 4 kids in the squad.

I tend to agree, we produce CBs and AMs on a steady basis, doesn't really matter that we have lots of them. What matters is that we get the one or two that are good enough not just to do a job but break through to regular first 11. If we can get to 2 and then push for 3 or 4 first team players from the EDS then that is overachieving.

Problem is your asking a player in that position to be good enough to score goals on a regular basis for a top 4 premiership side and top 10 European and that's a tough ask.
It's a bit easier in other positions because the standards got to be there but theres support from others to assist.
We play mainly with one central forward and if you add the goals Aguero and Jesus score when playing in that position it's close to 40 a season, probably more.
I would love an academy player to get in but it may be a wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.