Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Garcia wants to go...let him go. Shame as it is (because he's a talent) it's £20 Million or so towards Koulibaly or similar. I'd prefer that personally.

I thought he had a lot of potential until I saw him look like a snail against Mane and Aubameyang. Also torn to shreds by an unknown Bournemouth player recently.

He’s not a good 1v1 defender.

Brilliant business from us, genuinely happy for this sale.

Barca and Real do this all the time, promise the world to youngsters than when they don’t impress, quickly move them on.

good luck to him.

I don’t know who’s in charge of buying players at Barca but they’re clearly delusional, bought Braithwaite in January already planning to move him. Swapping a young talent Arthur for an aging Pjanic. Coutinho, the lists goes on and on.

Now after losing La Liga to Real Madrid they target our 4th choice CB as a defensive reinforcement haha

hilarious really.

I've had these feelings for a while, enjoyed seeing him come through but in reality his reading of the game was only going to make up for so much.

Lets face it, he wouldn't have featured this much in the prem under any other manager, he's a 'Pep Type' and I think he's weighed up his options and realised he won't stand a chance if/ when Pep leaves.

I'm not overly arsed about Garcia, with THB and Tosin in the wings but for me, the bigger reading from this is that at least he thinks Pep won't be extending...

So Taylor's the age Garcia was going into the season when he started 13 PL games.

He's played 2 years of u23 football, he's been in first team training seemingly permanently for 2 seasons. We know he's more physically developed than Garcia even now.

We're looking for a 4th or possibly 5th choice CB here, not the guy to partner Laporte. He's going to be playing cup games, the occasional easy home game and maybe if we have a real string of injuries at CB he'll play a few more.
I would hope we would have much better options in that position next season than the one just finished. Garcia benefitted from the fact the form of our nominal second and third choice CBs had fallen off a cliff

Seems Garcia heads where his heart is. Pity as he is a real talented defender.
We have to accept City still find it hard to keep young players: It’s touch to take seeing the likes of Sancho, Sane and now Garcia leave. These are three really talented players. Of course no one knows how they develop the next few years. And they can all have different reasons. Fact is City leaders won’t be happy.

Sane was never really going to stay. City was always a stepping stone for him to go from Schalke to Bayern.
Same can be said for Brahim Diaz. He always wanted to play for Real.

Garcia seemed different.. but I guess Barca is his holy grail.

Sancho though is different.

I would hope we would have much better options in that position next season than the one just finished. Garcia benefitted from the fact the form of our nominal second and third choice CBs had fallen off a cliff

Exactly. So we're talking about someone behind Laporte, Aké, Koulibaly & probably Fernandinho.

Seen enough of him to know he isn't what we need right now, nice to get a bit of money for him too and Barca need more than Garcia to fix their problems.

Exactly. So we're talking about someone behind Laporte, Aké, Koulibaly & probably Fernandinho.
Wouldn’t be opposed to him getting a few cup games like Port Vale this/last season but I’d like him to get a decent loan to grow up a bit and knock the rough edges off. We aren’t always the best at choosing the right loan clubs though so perhaps he might be better served by continuing to learn from the senior players. Tough call

Got a feeling barca will be in for a rude awakening if they are pinning their hopes on Garcia being their starting CB for the next decade.

I see it more as a political signing by Bartomeu to appeal to his disappointed base...but that's fine by me, I see it for the sporting & philosophical success it will be. The spine of the first team will be La Masia players: Garcia - Puig - Ansu. I see a bright future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.