Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harwood-Bellis has just turned 18 and still has plenty of time to develop and have his chance. Adarabioyo was certainly left out often at the Albion and even played both full back positions. At Blackburn, however, he started 72% of their games and played 20 straight.

Both Adarabioyo and Sandler are just at the right age to see if they can make it with us. They both have height, which we can sometimes lack, and I just think it would make sense to keep one or two for a season and see how they develop.
Maybe your right, I love nothing more than to see youngsters been given the chance. I have my doubts about Tosin watching him at Championship level, Then again different styles and systems can make all the difference along with playing alongside better quality of players.
With Pep so far he tends to keep you around the first team training and getting a few minutes in league cup games if he sees something in you that makes me think he's not a fan of Tosin. If Tosin does come back and get game time to prove himself then great lets see what he has to offer.

I realise I’m in the minority but I really want Barca to go all out and sign him. I don’t want a CB with his height and weight. We lack height and a physical presence as it is.

A lot of people keep saying this but he’s actually a few cm taller than Ake.

Maybe your right, I love nothing more than to see youngsters been given the chance. I have my doubts about Tosin watching him at Championship level, Then again different styles and systems can make all the difference along with playing alongside better quality of players.
With Pep so far he tends to keep you around the first team training and getting a few minutes in league cup games if he sees something in you that makes me think he's not a fan of Tosin. If Tosin does come back and get game time to prove himself then great lets see what he has to offer.

Coaches can also be affected by the personnel they already have at their disposal. When Tosin was here, we had, I think, Otamendi/Stones/Kompany/Mangala ahead of him, so at 20/21 he had precious little likelihood of progressing and Guardiola had previous little need to cater for his inclusion.

Maybe he won’t make it with us, but I reckon a good season with us and his sale value would be much more.

If you can’t see Garcia at his age is already way ahead of the likes of Tosin and Sandler, to name two, why watch football. He’s been preferred to Stones and Otamendi already.
For the way Pep plays he’s perfect. Hardly makes mistakes. Very clever and well reading the game at such an early age is what they call “ a huge talent”.
Is he ready yet? No. But we should fight hard to keep him. Very hard. Can’t believe some want us to sell him.

The only thing that bothers me about Garcia is his lack of pace with our high defensive line. Strength and defensive nous will come in time.

If you can’t see Garcia at his age is already way ahead of the likes of Tosin and Sandler, to name two, why watch football. He’s been preferred to Stones and Otamendi already.
For the way Pep plays he’s perfect. Hardly makes mistakes. Very clever and well reading the game at such an early age is what they call “ a huge talent”.
Is he ready yet? No. But we should fight hard to keep him. Very hard. Can’t believe some want us to sell him.

I wouldn’t dispute any of that, but I also think we need to acknowledge that young players may feel the call of home no matter how hard we fight for them to stay.

Yes, the ball over the top is Garcia's main weakness even in the games he isn't playing in.

You have a point, yet the issue is that he does not help remedy the problem when he plays, he actually exacerbates it.

I am not saying get rid of him, I am saying that if he is as good a footballer as we are made to believe, then build the defence around him.

Somewhat agree mate but, he won’t get taller or faster in the future
While it’s unlikely he gets much faster he could definitely get faster, I’m just saying he’s an unfinished article right now that is only going to get better

While it’s unlikely he gets much faster he could definitely get faster, I’m just saying he’s an unfinished article right now that is only going to get better
There was a moment against Norwich, I think, where they broke away and he and Laporte were racing back to cover and I remember noticing that Garcia was not slower than Laporte...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.