Kalidou Koulibaly

If Pep has got any sense he will give this guy a miss ..... for one thing he's too old ... and for another , from what I saw of him against Barcelona tonight , he's absolute crap ... he's probably even worse than anything we've already got, and that's saying something!

I’m going to be as nice as I can...

I can’t imagine KK in our team. The bits I’ve seen of him that I like I don’t think would suit us. The bits I’ve seen of him that I don’t like worry me in that I think he is prone to big rash errors and will cost us.

I trust City and Pep but I don’t see what they are seeing. Personally I wouldn’t buy him at all at any price so if he comes I hope I’m wrong.

Is there such a thing as a young Van Buyten out there..that’s what I’d like.

I’ve never known such a dearth of good centre halves.

It's genuinely sad, mate. Once a great position now seems an afterthought. What we would give for a Dave Watson or Vincent Kompany.

Vinny learned to play there at PL level though. He was bitched by Peter Crouch when he first tried moving back there from midfield. And he was a bit David Luiz in his younger days at cb pre City

But he had the required stuff to work with.

Why we fuck around trying to teach little no marks like Garcia to defend I just don't get.

If it's not Koulibali, or another big singing, find a Vinny shaped character, with a brain & skill & teach him to defend instead of wasting time with a shit slow kid.

Curious how the other options have been doing since covid. Diego Carlos is the only other target I remember.

He's playing in a team he should already have left. They were a mess.

We have actually seen it many times in the past, when we were a mess, with players who have left City.

I don't believe we will sign him tbh but I hope we do.

I'd agree with that. Looks to me as if he could do with a 4-5 weeks to get up to speed both with the system and the different pace of the game. I imagine the plan must have been to have Garcia and Laporte see us through until he was ready, so presumably, now, Fernandinho/Ake/Laporte will have to rotate until October.

Koulibaly would be more at home in City's side on his first day than in this Napoli side. His performances have been going downhill the further the team get from Sarri's football, and I would imagine he'd love to go back to a side which dominates possession, plays a high line and presses like mad.

Throw in a bit of "his head's gone" type stuff, and IMO a bizarre penalty decision and you get tonights game.

It's not ideal to be getting someone who presumably is going to be a little low on confidence though, and I'm still slightly worried about the fact he's been a left sided player 90% of his career? Just adding difficulty to the transfer.

But Diego Carlos plays like a kid on FIFA who doesn't realise there's a standing tackle button as well as the slide tackle one. He spends 30% of the game on his backside.

I’m going to be as nice as I can...

I can’t imagine KK in our team. The bits I’ve seen of him that I like I don’t think would suit us. The bits I’ve seen of him that I don’t like worry me in that I think he is prone to big rash errors and will cost us.

I trust City and Pep but I don’t see what they are seeing. Personally I wouldn’t buy him at all at any price so if he comes I hope I’m wrong.

Is there such a thing as a young Van Buyten out there..that’s what I’d like.

I’ve never known such a dearth of good centre halves out there.

Sorry, you've spent the last 10 years watching Mangala, Demichelis, Otamendi and Stones (and Laporte in the CL last year) and you can't imagine a CB in our side because he's prone to big rash errors???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.