Kalidou Koulibaly

Vinny learned to play there at PL level though. He was bitched by Peter Crouch when he first tried moving back there from midfield. And he was a bit David Luiz in his younger days at cb pre City

But he had the required stuff to work with.

Why we fuck around trying to teach little no marks like Garcia to defend I just don't get.

If it's not Koulibali, or another big singing, find a Vinny shaped character, with a brain & skill & teach him to defend instead of wasting time with a shit slow kid.

Least with Vinny he had the physical attributes......although so did Mangala.

But Kompany had the fucking minerals and the brains.

Yeah, happy for Barca to take Garcia at the right price. I don't think he's the correct fit for us.

Koulibaly would be more at home in City's side on his first day than in this Napoli side. His performances have been going downhill the further the team get from Sarri's football, and I would imagine he'd love to go back to a side which dominates possession, plays a high line and presses like mad.

Completely agree. He was absolutely brilliant under Sarri and was best defender in Serie A.

I really do think its because of Gattuso. If Koulibaly was playing in a team like ours under a manager like Pep, i really think his performances would change dramatically.

He had no problems under Ancelotti either. Seems to have gone downhill ever since Gattuso took charge.

Koulibaly would be more at home in City's side on his first day than in this Napoli side. His performances have been going downhill the further the team get from Sarri's football, and I would imagine he'd love to go back to a side which dominates possession, plays a high line and presses like mad.

There is no point in them kerping him imo.

They will just finish him off early.

But equally, we should be buying at a reasonable price or walking away, for the same reason.

There is no point in them kerping him imo.

They will just finish him off early.

But equally, we should be buying at a reasonable price or walking away, for the same reason.
There's atleast enough doubt that the 90m evaluation is way too much.

Take the 60-70 and if not, then we should back out.

I've had my head bitten off on countless occasions over the last 350 pages, for daring to question the transfer fees involved with Koulibaly and daring to question whether any one player can make such a big impact on our team. I think tonight puts the debate to bed for me, he's clearly a good player, a very good player but if anyone believes he's worth anywhere close the fee De Laurentiis says he wants, then they're living in unicorn and fairy world in my opinion.

I'm not judging him off one game, I've been constant in my assessment throughout since we were originally linked but tonight I would say he was bordering on unprofessional. Maybe it was just a very poor performance but it looked half hearted, it looked like his commitment was lacking and I never thought I'd see that from him. Hopefully I'm wrong but that just didn't seem the Koulibaly who I think is a very good player usually, if his heart wasn't in it, then I do not want him here even on a free transfer as that crosses a line I don't like from any player, irrelevant of the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.