Kalidou Koulibaly

I trust Txiki and Pep to make the right decision, whether Koulibaly is worth the money Napoli want. In any case, we aren't paying a world record fee for him, imo.

Pellegrini was scouting? don't think so, Tikix and co I would have thought .

I don't get Micha the pundit, lovely lad, but hardly a footballing genius.
Definitely not a footballing genius. Told the whole world on national TV that KDB had taken D Silva’s mantle piece. I highly doubt KDB has ever had much interest in Silva’s interior furnishings!

I don't know, whether it's the correct decision with Koulibaly or not, It's definitely a pattern with City that haggling has lead to missing out on targets. Van Dijk we did the same thing and that doesn't look a great decision in hindsight. We definitely have a bee in our bonnet about paying big fees. That we've never spent 70 mil on a player in this day and age is kind of nuts and ultimately is going to box you out of the discussion for top players.

only if you see colour,having watched this guy the other night I can see mangala in him,big but weak and no positional nouse
I didn’t say it Karen, Micah did, which I found strange. You cannot judge him on what Messi did to him, he has being doing that and worse, to central defenders for years. I personally didn’t think he was as bad as some blues are making out you cannot judge him on one game.

I don't know, whether it's the correct decision with Koulibaly or not, It's definitely a pattern with City that haggling has lead to missing out on targets. Van Dijk we did the same thing and that doesn't look a great decision in hindsight. We definitely have a bee in our bonnet about paying big fees. That we've never spent 70 mil on a player in this day and age is kind of nuts and ultimately is going to box you out of the discussion for top players.
I know what you mean. Poor City languishing mid table every season whilst these big spenders mop up all the silverware

To the posters saying you can’t judge KK in one game ( the weekend) he’s been poor all season and average the season before..

he’s meant to be the one of best centre halves in the league and he was beaten to seria A team of season by Chris smalling.
Adam Llana or what ever he’s called beat David Silva to the team of the year in 2014, Sergio never got in the team of the year over here until last season. It means nothing.

Who did we buy instead of Van Dijk and how did he turn out ?

I think the frustrating thing is the overall outlay on the defence has been huge. How many CBs we have purchased over the past decade that haven’t been up to it? If Koulibaly is one that the club think is the man, just pay it. We have had so many “cheaper” options with very few paying off and we typically end up having to replace them with another.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.