Kalidou Koulibaly

Can only presume you are calculating in US dollars, but even if you are, I think you’re overestimating how much we’d be willing to pay.
I think regardless of the exchange rate it’s too much. But yes I was calculating in US dollars. I’ve seen high numbers being quoted as far as what Napoli want

He has the physicality and footballing ability to cope in the Premier League, and he has it upstairs to play our way.
There aren’t any world class defenders available. Koulibaly isn’t world class, which is why we’ll not agree a cash/player deal above €60m, but Guardiola might be able to make him so.

if he's not world class then why the fuck are we trying to buy him and at that crazy price ?? stick with stones and laporte and nathan ake and then sign somebody as a squad player or bring in youth

if he's not world class then why the fuck are we trying to buy him and at that crazy price ?? stick with stones and laporte and nathan ake and then sign somebody as a squad player or bring in youth

None of the three players you quote are world class central defenders, and when this is finished, I reckon we’ll have signed him in a deal that sees less cash used now than was paid for Stones or for Laporte. Laporte is on his way to becoming world class, but he needs a physical leader beside him who has plenty Champions League experience, of which Ake has none.

I think this is a scouting problem at the club. There is surely a 22-25 year old out there who will be a future world star and is available for less than 60m. There always is and other clubs get them. We have been able to identify gems in the midfield but not one proper CB since VK.
As good as Pep is at spotting talent, he cant be expected to scan through all leagues and support has to come from elsewhere.

There’s reportedly a pow wow of the Napoli management today to discuss squad development. Paraphrased:

De Laurentiis and Gattuso will have to tell each other everything that they have been unable to tell each other in recent weeks, through systematically playing every three days, and express their respective assessments of the squad, but also calculating the possible developments of the market. These are centered above all on Koulibaly, Allan and Milik (Juve wants him by offering money and either Cristian Romero or Bernardeschi), as a way of covering the expenses incurred recently (Osimhen, Politano, Demme, Lobotka, Rrhamani and Petagna). However, they also need to plan future investments: Callejon's heir, could be Cegiz Ünder (just turned 23) but on the left, the possibility of getting the Greek Tsimikas (24) has faded, with Liverpool interested. Instead attention could turn to the Spaniard Sergio Reguilon (24 years old in December), the winger that Real Madrid has loaned to Seville.​

The paragraph before speaks of the economic pressure Napoli faces (no CL and no tickets), and you can see that a major rebuild is going on, so many new players. However, the market has changed and nobody has the money (see Juventus’ suggestion) to pay what Napoli want.

I expect to read Koulibaly increasingly linked to ‘that lot’ in the coming days and our interest to ‘cool’. But that will be Napoli trying to generate an auction. Not sure that lot could justify spending upwards of 150m (wages included) on two central defenders over two summers, especially when they are of a similar type.

https://www.corrieredellosport.it/n...tuso-de_laurentiis_nder_reguilon_e_non_solo_/
Why are we not in for this kid?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.