Kalidou Koulibaly

Get him for that 58m that’s a matured player quality added to our squad think last time we bought player for around his age want it Fernandinho? He turned not bad has he.

that would be some climb down from the original 90m that was mentioned Napoli supposedly wanted and even fromt he 65m that was quoted very recently.

Intersting that there are a lot of tweets about this but our trusted resident ITK tolmie has said yesterday that this was going nowhere - I would therefore take anything posted like this with a huge pinch of salt as I think I trust TH more than I do some of these twitter accounts.

WTF? Nobody is saying Mangala and Koulibaly are the same standard. The point - totally lost on you - was that they could be made to look the same standard if you picked unrepresentative videos.
Someone managed to make Mangala look like a £40m CB, so it's entirely possible that they could make Koulibaly look shit. You could do that with any player that people don't watch much of, i'll never forget how good Samaras looked on Youtube.

Get him for that 58m that’s a matured player quality added to our squad think last time we bought player for around his age want it Fernandinho? He turned not bad has he.

58m is less than we will get for selling Garcia, Angelino and Otamendi.

58m is less than we will get for selling Garcia, Angelino and Otamendi.
What's your point? Other than Garcia, which is a factor we have no control over, the others are surplus to requirements. We need Koulibaly (or a player of that type), the last time we didn't pay what was required for the guy we really needed was VVD. Look how that turned out.

29 isn't really that old. Fernandinho is 35, Chiellini is also 35. Both of those have been world class for the past 6 seasons. Koulibaly is in his prime now, he's the real deal. He's been playing under a glorified Roy Keane in a rigid system for the last 8-9 months.

If he played alongside Van Dijk at Liverpool I'd honestly see a Liverpool dominance for atleast 5 seasons in both the league and in Europe, and those are the kind of players we want.

Exactly this, and it’s been my fear ever since Koulibaly started getting linked to England a year ago.
Robertson - Van Dijk - Koulibaly - Trent would be too hard to penetrate for most top teams in Europe. I’m just glad Liverpool haven’t realized this and instead is sticking to Gomez who is nowhere near a world class CB. With Koulibaly, they would have easily had the best backfour for many years, even if we managed to sign Skriniar to partner Laporte.

Hopefully Koulibaly is coming here. He has many years left in him, and I could see us play with a back three for many games due to the quality we’d have:

Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly.

29 isn't really that old. Fernandinho is 35, Chiellini is also 35. Both of those have been world class for the past 6 seasons. Koulibaly is in his prime now, he's the real deal. He's been playing under a glorified Roy Keane in a rigid system for the last 8-9 months.

If he played alongside Van Dijk at Liverpool I'd honestly see a Liverpool dominance for atleast 5 seasons in both the league and in Europe, and those are the kind of players we want.
We cant buy based on any team maybe getting them,i doubt very much the dippers will keep up the pace for a third year let alone dominate us for five years,talk about scarec

What's your point? Other than Garcia, which is a factor we have no control over, the others are surplus to requirements. We need Koulibaly (or a player of that type), the last time we didn't pay what was required for the guy we really needed was VVD. Look how that turned out.

Sorry I thought the point was obvious, we'd be buying a world class defender for less than we'd get for offloading some deadwood and a want-away youth player with 10 games under his belt (that's a good thing).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.