Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Fucking embarassing. End of.

As soon as I saw the team I thought it was over. Completely ridiculous decision to decide to play 5 at the back. Of our 3 CB, one has said he doesn't want to be here and has the athleticism of a toddler, the other is a 35yr old defensive midfielder and Laporte, completely fucked our build up play.

Gundogan and Rodri should never see each other on the pitch unless we are 8-0 up against a League 2 team. Sideways, back, sideways, back, sideways, back, slow lofted ball out wide (that gets cut out), sideways, back.

Fuck knows what Pep was watching for the first 50/60mins to think that Foden and Bernardo should stay on the bench. To throw on Silva at the end was just a joke and I feel sorry for Dave to go out on a whimper. Was Pep sat there with Lillo and thinking this is going great, we are going to turn it round any minute now.

We created two fucking chances the whole game. Against a team that just finished 7th, and not just 7th, but 7th in the fucking french league and they have barely kicked a ball in 6 mths.

Pep has to be asked serious questions, I am sorry but its becoming a farce every season in the CL and its not just VAR. You don't put yourself in the place to have to concede goals like that second one.

I turned it off before the end of the game but has Pep come out with "We played so well, best game of our season, I have never seen us player better" yet?

I can't wait for next season when it will be the old "We are not ready yet, we see big big big teams like Lyon and they have been here for decades" "We need to learn, we need to adapt"
Everytime I hear him say things like that its like hes doing us a favor being here. How does Pep feel about Leipzig and all their CL experience and history?

The thing that concerns me wore than anything is the amount where we ship 3 goals, there it something seriously wrong when this happens.

Do you think Bayern will change their style to counter Lyon's strengths? No. They will just go and play their own game and probably stick 4 or 5 past them. Fair play to Lyon, fully deserved as we were utter garbage from 5 mins in. Pep deserves every single criticism that comes his way tonight as that was absolutely ridiculous tactics.

Yes Sterling missed a sitter, but play our own game from the first minute, let them.worry about us and I'm pretty sure we'd be looking forward to a semi final on Wednesday regardless.
I've just sat back and spent the last 5 minutes trying to think of a proper argument to your points, I can't. That may well be down to my stupidity, but perhaps, in this case, more likely it is at least partially down to the likelihood that you are 100% correct, sadly.

One thing that seriously fucks me off with Pep,and has for a long time.

Is his inability to revert to whats best when something is obviously not working.

It is like his ego gets in the way of common sense.

We wasted 1 hour tonight.

We can not defend for Toffee.

Yet we decide not to play to our strengths.

Why ffs.
I agree, this is probably the most frustrating thing about Pep. It clearly wasn’t working and he didn’t change it. I can partly see why he didn’t want them to hit us on the counter but we weren’t offering anything going forward.

I remember Mancini making tactical substitutions in the first half when things weren’t working at least twice.

I know that one was in the CL when he took Johnson off and put Barry on. The other one was in the league but I can’t remember who it was anymore.

Combination of factors.

1. Should have played to our strengths instead of pissing about with the formation.
2. Poor decisions from ref and VAR.
3. Howlers from us at both ends of the pitch... and most importantly
4. Lyon recognised that we are extremely vulnerable when pressed in the middle of the park. Look back at many of the goals conceded this season and there is a similar pattern. They did their homework.

Correct, Millwall.......and we play Ferny.....who turns slower than the Queen Mary.....FFS.....and Kyle Walker who is a well known Bottler...who reverts to hoofing it......absolute fucking joke.
I think Pep will stay though....and this is his "get your hands in your pocket" sign to the owners.....we need good, speedy defenders........like Denayer, why the fuck we let him go is beyond me......Imagine him being tought by Vinnie, whilst he was still with us. Remember him, when he was 19 at City...he was a raw beast then.

Indeed. We are a mess at the back.I don’t know how things are going to change enough for next season to be much different defensively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.