Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Fucking embarassing. End of.

As soon as I saw the team I thought it was over. Completely ridiculous decision to decide to play 5 at the back. Of our 3 CB, one has said he doesn't want to be here and has the athleticism of a toddler, the other is a 35yr old defensive midfielder and Laporte, completely fucked our build up play.

Gundogan and Rodri should never see each other on the pitch unless we are 8-0 up against a League 2 team. Sideways, back, sideways, back, sideways, back, slow lofted ball out wide (that gets cut out), sideways, back.

Fuck knows what Pep was watching for the first 50/60mins to think that Foden and Bernardo should stay on the bench. To throw on Silva at the end was just a joke and I feel sorry for Dave to go out on a whimper. Was Pep sat there with Lillo and thinking this is going great, we are going to turn it round any minute now.

We created two fucking chances the whole game. Against a team that just finished 7th, and not just 7th, but 7th in the fucking french league and they have barely kicked a ball in 6 mths.

Pep has to be asked serious questions, I am sorry but its becoming a farce every season in the CL and its not just VAR. You don't put yourself in the place to have to concede goals like that second one.

I turned it off before the end of the game but has Pep come out with "We played so well, best game of our season, I have never seen us player better" yet?

I can't wait for next season when it will be the old "We are not ready yet, we see big big big teams like Lyon and they have been here for decades" "We need to learn, we need to adapt"
Everytime I hear him say things like that its like hes doing us a favor being here. How does Pep feel about Leipzig and all their CL experience and history?
Sigh, I can't argue with this, I wish I could.

Having calmed down a bit, I'm looking back 8 days to that game against Real Madrid, one of the best games I've seen us play. We hounded them all over the field and could easily beat any of their presses.

Yet tonight was the complete opposite. Our pressing when not in possession was almost non-existent and we seemed consistently incapable of playing out of Lyon's press. It's completely baffling.

As soon as I saw the team I thought it was over. Completely ridiculous decision to decide to play 5 at the back. Of our 3 CB, one has said he doesn't want to be here and has the athleticism of a toddler, the other is a 35yr old defensive midfielder and Laporte, completely fucked our build up play.

Gundogan and Rodri should never see each other on the pitch unless we are 8-0 up against a League 2 team. Sideways, back, sideways, back, sideways, back, slow lofted ball out wide (that gets cut out), sideways, back.

Fuck knows what Pep was watching for the first 50/60mins to think that Foden and Bernardo should stay on the bench. To throw on Silva at the end was just a joke and I feel sorry for Dave to go out on a whimper. Was Pep sat there with Lillo and thinking this is going great, we are going to turn it round any minute now.

We created two fucking chances the whole game. Against a team that just finished 7th, and not just 7th, but 7th in the fucking french league and they have barely kicked a ball in 6 mths.

Pep has to be asked serious questions, I am sorry but its becoming a farce every season in the CL and its not just VAR. You don't put yourself in the place to have to concede goals like that second one.

I turned it off before the end of the game but has Pep come out with "We played so well, best game of our season, I have never seen us player better" yet?

I can't wait for next season when it will be the old "We are not ready yet, we see big big big teams like Lyon and they have been here for decades" "We need to learn, we need to adapt"
Everytime I hear him say things like that its like hes doing us a favor being here. How does Pep feel about Leipzig and all their CL experience and history?

Tell you what, for a fanbase who alledgedly hate UEFA and all it stands for, regularly state we're not arsed about the CL, we've turned into a right bunch of mard-arsed self-entitled tosspots tonight.

Who actually gives a fuck?

PL or CL? PL all day fucking long.

We can't have it both ways.

Combination of factors.

1. Should have played to our strengths instead of pissing about with the formation.
2. Poor decisions from ref and VAR.
3. Howlers from us at both ends of the pitch... and most importantly
4. Lyon recognised that we are extremely vulnerable when pressed in the middle of the park. Look back at many of the goals conceded this season and there is a similar pattern. They did their homework.
Yeah who’d have thought they would have done their homework, well Pep obviously didn’t.

I'm consoling myself with the belief that we were never going to win it this year anyway. We have too many things going against us:

VAR always goes against City when it matters most - If an opposition goal should be ruled out, it wont be. If a City goal should stand they'll find any reason to rule it out. It's useless from a City perspective in the knockout stages(they don't mind us winning our group).

When VAR inevitably does go against City - Our players capitulate soon after. They go full headless chicken mode leaving us open for a suckerpunch goal and then their heads drop.

Pep overthinking things - I can't really argue with this anymore.

Our players turning up to some games like they've already won. Walking around the pitch for sustained periods(walking while pressing players at times). They go behind(usually from a mistake) and then the game becomes much easier for the opposition.

Certain players choosing the CL to have their biggest mistakes of the season. How did Sterling miss that? What was Eddie doing?

We had no chance of getting past Bayern even if we did squeak past this game. We'll just have to get better for next season.

Fully agree....when you looked at the players faces in the line up for the anthem you could see that there was something no right....time and time again we are made to look like fools

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.