Women's Team - 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Rose by any other name would still be a fantastic signing. I'm claiming all the credit for this signing. When we signed Sam Mewis I thought "Twould be nice if we got someone else from that team like, er, Rose Lavelle'! So, no need to thank me, all part of the job of being a FOC from CBL3 and, if we're talking Academy, FOC from E2. All those games we laboured in last year should be a joy to watch this season coming. When can the FOCs from E2 get in?
I didn't realise Mewis is six feet tall. She would tower over many of our men's team players. If this team comes together quickly. They look to be a force!

And Lavelle, I can't say enough about her. The gif below shows her completely using Millie Bright, a good player in her own right.

Attachments

• tumblr_pu14i7aMxn1vvwgg7o1_500.gif
    tumblr_pu14i7aMxn1vvwgg7o1_500.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
These signings give us the option to attack more directly through midfield rather than getting bogged down with the side to side / Ray Wilkins style football that has sometimes been a feature during recent years.

A Rose by any other name would still be a fantastic signing. I'm claiming all the credit for this signing. When we signed Sam Mewis I thought "Twould be nice if we got someone else from that team like, er, Rose Lavelle'! So, no need to thank me, all part of the job of being a FOC from CBL3 and, if we're talking Academy, FOC from E2. All those games we laboured in last year should be a joy to watch this season coming. When can the FOCs from E2 get in?
These signings give us the option to attack more directly through midfield rather than getting bogged down with the side to side / Ray Wilkins style football that has sometimes been a feature during recent years.

And not only side to side, Tim. The number of times we would have a throw-in alongside the oppos penalty area and in a twinkle the fuckin' ball had been passed back to our own half. Heaven knows what percentage of passes were parallel to the two goal lines. I think there will be a return to the forward momentum we had a couple of seasons ago when Bronze, Scott, Duggan, and Izzy were in their pomp!

If Mewis and Lavelle are still around for champions league, City could be a shoe in. It’s high time WSL teams stumped up for the best players. Lyon have currently got a stranglehold on the game and it needs to change.

And not only side to side, Tim. The number of times we would have a throw-in alongside the oppos penalty area and in a twinkle the fuckin' ball had been passed back to our own half. Heaven knows what percentage of passes were parallel to the two goal lines. I think there will be a return to the forward momentum we had a couple of seasons ago when Bronze, Scott, Duggan, and Izzy were in their pomp!

Spot on Dave. We did seem to pass the ball back from the flanks into defensive midfield and defence a fair bit.

On the plus side, I think Kiera has added more go forward to her game over the last 18 months that seem to start when we won the FA Cup. She should have more runners to aim for with her through balls next season.

Who is the woman that did the interview and what clubs do the scarfs in the background belong to

I think I’m correct in saying this but her partner is Kiera Walsh who is a City player. Maybe that’s had a big say why she’s coming back?

Can’t be easy living in separate countries.

I have no idea who wrote this tbh but there is loads of it, it might be made up but it does say that they are partners. Don't read more than a line it is like a mills and boon novel lol

I have no idea who wrote this tbh but there is loads of it, it might be made up but it does say that they are partners. Don't read more than a line it is like a mills and boon novel lol

What the fuck have I just read... but will be reading more cos I'm intrigued ;)

What the fuck have I just read... but will be reading more cos I'm intrigued ;)

I read that one and another one that I dismissed originally as I wasn't sure wtf it actually was, it was some bizarre tale of the girls having a PJ party?

In hindsight maybe I should have posted that one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.