Bernardo Silva - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo paired with Gundogan or Rodri is a pretty stable midfield duo imo.

Let's Kevin play a bit higher where he is the worlds best, and if we need one of the midfielders to pushup, then Bernardo is clearly favoured to do that well too.

I think Pep should just play him there as the starter and stop putting him RW, which he has done fine, but mastering the midfield role will help him and us loads.

Foden will still get loads of minutes as a backup to Bernardo or Kevins position and in the forward spots.

I've been critical of him this season, but I really want him to have a good summer break and come back and play in that midfield. He was so good in 2018/19.

Pep lost his senses yesterday. From poor team selection to subs choice, it looked someone who didn't know what to do
Not only the choice of subs but the time of introducing them - or not. Perhaps he is missing Arteta's input?

Play him more. Play him in the MF more. Mentality monster. Great technical ability. Hates Liverpool just like us. His energy is needed especially in the midfield. The best is yet to come. Don't sell at any cost.

Lord I hate that saying "mentality monster"! it just sounds so fake! Klopp says something and everyone starts throwing the phrase "mentality monster" all over the fucking place! please don't use that phrase, leave it for the scousers!

Anyone else think he does his best stuff in the position DeBruyne normally plays? He seemed to be a lot more consistent when Kev was injured in 18/19, is it just coincidence?

Anyone else think he does his best stuff in the position DeBruyne normally plays? He seemed to be a lot more consistent when Kev was injured in 18/19, is it just coincidence?
I think it's tough to say. Last season was the only season he's been at City where he's played with a load of confidence; dribbling with menace, shooting with purpose, pressing like a hound. Basically always looking to make things happen so that he could take advantage when the opportunity rises. It's possible that was connected to playing centrally, but he also played elsewhere and was similarly good too, like the away game at United that season. He looked great for Monaco playing wide too. And Portugal.

His issues for me align with Sterling, Jesus, and Mendy's issues. It's largely in his head. Because he (and they) is fantastic when they're on it.

Not what people want to hear but it might be worth his time trying to get help from his international teammate Ronaldo. That guy is so in love with himself that he always believes he can do everything, and it makes him better for it. And he should be talking to Aguero, De Bruyne, and Foden too, they always seem to be on it.

I thought his best football in a City shirt was on the wing after KDB came back in December 18/19. That was the spell that got him nominated for POTY, and it's the best position for him going forwards because you are right all his good performances in the centre were in KDB's spot on the right of midfield, and KDB isn't moving anytime soon.

Alternatively I'd have him in the 2 with Rodri over Gundogan every day of the week if we have to play 4231.

I thought his best football in a City shirt was on the wing after KDB came back in December 18/19. That was the spell that got him nominated for POTY, and it's the best position for him going forwards because you are right all his good performances in the centre were in KDB's spot on the right of midfield, and KDB isn't moving anytime soon.

Alternatively I'd have him in the 2 with Rodri over Gundogan every day of the week if we have to play 4231.

I prefer him here every day over other positions, I know he had good performances RW but it just doesn't feel like it's his best position, and he played very well in the RCM with Kevin gone as well, would prefer that over RW even.

But in the deeper double pivot (or simply box-to-box role), it lets Kevin play higher, and would even allow Foden to rotate with Kevin in midfield where he has more attacking freedom, as it seems Pep doesn't like playing Foden in deeper positions.

Also... Imagine a Bernardo-Aouar midfield pivot supported by Kevin, that would be a very aggressive midfield imo.

Love Rodri too though, so he's good there as well, but Aouar and Bernardo together might be next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.