Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This story seems to pop up every year but at 33 it is probably now or never for Messi. I'd love to see him here and if it was a three year deal.that would probably mean Pep stays that long too, as I couldn't see Messi signing without that guarantee.

Messi on a three year deal, Pep and Sergio to follow with two year extensions. Not too much to ask is it?

Absolutely essential we get another CD
The Messi deal will need to allow that
If de Laurentis is hanging out for £90million we will not be signing Koulibaly but you can bet we have someone else lined up...
Having someone to convert more of our chances surely means the defence is a bit less pressing. I’m happy lining up with Laporte and Ake and Stones/Garcia in reserve if it means getting Messi for 2 seasons.

the echo now claiming LiVarpool could be his best bet, they can give him what he craves, as he has experienced Anfield for himself.

Yea they probably could make it work financially by writing off the coutinho money they are owed, and he won't need wages as he'll play for the pride of the shirt, like the rest of them.

I suspect we are in the box seat given that Messi himself wants to play for a club managed by Pep. He also knows first hand the standard of our training facilities after we opened them up to Argentina. He will also have first hand info from Sergio, Zaba and Otamendi on how players are treated day to day. He also knows with the CFG that he could finish his career anywhere in the world in whatever capacity he wants - Big thing now is negotiating a deal that allows Barca to save face a little - I believe this is why Jesus' name has cropped up - they could sell it to their fans as they've bagged the best young Brazilian forward with plenty of upside. We also know they want Garcia back. I would also offer Mahrez as another exciting attacking player - that will avoid the embarrassment for them of losing him for less - something that should happen considering he has given them 14+ years in the first team but that's a different argument.

In my opinion a small undisclosed fee on top of those players would suit all parties. I don't take any stock in other clubs coming in as we know above all other clubs how Catalans feel and work. It's not as if Messi will think firstly about being paid a bit more, he will be mega rich wherever he goes - surely it's about how comfortable he is surrounded by people he trusts. If we can get Pep to commit to staying for the length of his contract it will come down to a straight choice of staying at Barca and us. I bet on the latter.
Love the way you trade players under contract and claim it would suit all parties. Classic FM trading

You have to be the most pessimistic arse twitcher on this forum mate.

If you cant buzz off this Messi thing there's no hope for you.

It might not happen, but it's a lot of fun getting carried away with it! We've been there before with players not coming, but the ride was still enjoyable and it never hurt us on the pitch.

My Dad once got incredibly over excited about a Christmas present. In the wrapping it looked just like a guitar. He'd always wanted a guitar. He opened it and it was a trouser press. Not what he wanted but he used the fucker everyday of the working week.

What am I talking about?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.