Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true, and as it grows closer to being accepted, I predict that the majority of the world and certainly the British press, will start to put a negative slant on Messi. Of course, we will be criticised for it, but we expect that now. If there is no fee involved it will blunt their attack and they will just go after the wage factor.
I for one will sit in my armchair, with my brandy and cigar, stroking my white pussy and be wearing a self satisfied smile. Ha ha ha.

Sorry chaps, I know ur not gnna like this. But I would seriously be happy if he went to PSG than us. The pressure is way too much for the club. At PSG he would piss all over that league, play in capital with Neymar and Mbappe. And would have a better chance of winning trophies. And better shot at champs league. Wouldn't have to play shit loads of games.

Over here he would be number1 target from the anti-city bandwagon. Opposing teams will try and kick him where possible, if we dont win the league media will start attacking this team "we beat u with Messi in your team" etc etc.

Great player, love him. But really we need to learn to walk before running. Baby steps.
Can understand this to an extent, couldn't win CL with Messi, couldn't win vs Wolves with Messi etc etc, this rubbish will continue anyway. We're numb to the clickbait rubbish by now, but he is Messi, not 10 Stan Collymore's can do shit if he joins us because he will be the face of Prem and there will be several advantages of solely signing him up.

Media backlash should be our least concern, we've gone a decade through them spouting off and on field nonsense about the club.

Last edited:
Watching Dunderhead Mills spouting his shite on Sky yesterday - two things struck me... does he even have a brain? And why would Sky continue to show the interview on a loop for most of the day. Arsenal indeed...

One reason Messi shouldn't come is he'd have to put up with the likes of Mills critiquing his performances. Just insulting

I think a deal is there to be done if Messi is set on leaving. Barcelona can't keep their jewel captive but they might insist on a fee and therein lies the problem. If Messi wants to play for Guardiola then that strengthens City's hand but if he just wants out then A N Other comes into play.

I doubt after the last 18 months that City have had that anyone at City wants to risk player bans and sanctions by signing him on a free in opposition to La Liga and Barca. That would be asking for trouble, and we should only do that if we're really certain of the legality.

The pivotal point here is that in the first instance this is a dispute between Messi and Barca regarding his contract. For all intense and purposes the contract has ended - Messi has terminated it. Barca are effectively seeking compensation for the termination of the contract (and the value of the asset they have lost). Messi could - I understand leave for free in the summer so Barca’s loss under the law is the value of losing Messi’s services until June. A legal dispute between Barca -with Tabas in the background and City would be brutal, but that isn’t going to happen. Any legal proceedings would have to be with Messi. The present Barcelona Board need a protracted and potentially damaging run in with Messi across a court room like a hole in the head. It simply won’t happen. City are not stupid. They know how this will play out. This is part one of our payback to the G14 : ).

D
Will he lose 45m followers by moving to us? You're right though, he's one of the most clickable names in football with 65m followers more than Barca themselves, although that doesn't mean the press will play nice - a bad headline with his name in it probably drives even more traffic
It's not the one off bad stories they need. It is the daily drivel we see coming from the likes of United and Liverpool. Messi cut his toenails today and donated the clippings to charity and such shite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.