Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he is the greatest player and all that and even though the source is reliable... I highly doubt this figure

Not kidding. 120m Instagram followers is more than United and Liverpool combined. Once the click hunters need the clicks it can start to change. Some journos already saying it would be great for Prem. Imagine the MEN trying to get on board to milk it. This is precisely why he is a game changer for City. He changes the narrative. This is why the old press hacks are shitting themselves.
I think Blue Moon and Esteemed Kompany are in for a hell of a lift off if this happens.
The sniping will continue for sure but don't be surprised to see a change in editorial agenda. They need the clicks.
Hopefully, what s dream losing Merlin but gaining Messi!

its a forum where everyone has an opinion. what's so hard to comprehend?
We're on the verge of signing one of the greatest players the world has ever seen and all you're skriking about is that he must play in Paris as he has a better chance of winning trophies.
I know you're on the wind up, any true city fan wouldn't post one syllable of the guff you put on before, thats a given.
Fans of other clubs are green with envy and you fall into that category.

The press will be happy with him being here - 'Messi snubs charitable foundations set up by Liverpool, Rags & Arsenal by refusing to donate his toe nail clippings'. They get the clicks from his name and can stick to their agenda.

It could be worse, he could be black...
You need to clarify this last sentence

Because it does seem way out of context with the rest of your post.

Imagine next season. Champions league 1/4 finals. Rennes away. Pep's brain cogs in overdrive, steam coming from his ears, sweat dripping onto the paper on which he's trying to devise a plan on how to match them. Ping, lightbulb comes on "I have Lionel Messi, ill not change a god damn thing". 4-0 win, this allows him to piss about at the home leg, breeze through 4-2 aggregate.

We're on the verge of signing one of the greatest players the world has ever seen and all you're skriking about is that he must play in Paris as he has a better chance of winning trophies.
I know you're on the wind up, any true city fan wouldn't post one syllable of the guff you put on before, thats a given.
Fans of other clubs are green with envy and you fall into that category.

This has a depressingly 'past tense' feel about it. Barca will offload because he isn't the player he was. I've just read a report in The Athletic and it suggests, sensibly, that a player's move is not always about money. Messi will have enough, even after the Spanish tax people have taken their share - the three 'f's - football, finance and family. He could spend a happy year with his and our mate, Sergio, get well paid for it, but what level of Football do we get. I would think it would not be the kind that Leo rolled out four or five years ago. I think it might be another Robinho moment, and if he can contribute like Robinho did (bar the away games) the football should be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.